Gooner Corner

frogpatrol

why did you have no fa cup. i had fulham, arsenal and everton before decideing i'd rather watch german football than spurs get the shock of the round and beat tranmere...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jing Jing? Ex Gooner? I saw Fulham Vs Walsall was on so I turned over. German footy was on the other side and a repeat of Charlton Vs Fulham from ages ago.

I have ESPN etc etc. Despite endless channel hopping, I saw NO other FA cup games and worst of all, had a whole weekend without Shebby Singh. What channel was the FA cup footy on?

I've got a bad feelimg I'm not gonna be watching the Worthy Cup final this year.

I go to every Arsenal home game and some away ,please feel free to mail me with any questions,the Arsenal web site is excellent,but im sure most gooners know that,and now Paddy Viera is being charged with an elbow incident that no one saw,except the manc tv company that happily sent the FA a copy,it was supposed to have happened against Gillingham.

quote:

Originally posted by JCK:

I have ESPN etc etc. Despite endless channel hopping, I saw NO other FA cup games and worst of all, had a whole weekend without Shebby Singh. What channel was the FA cup footy on?

I've got a bad feelimg I'm not gonna be watching the Worthy Cup final this year.

IIRC Supersport moved the FA Cup out to Channel 26 (Normally UBCTV Kids but empty after 8.00 pm) - the City v Newcastle game was on there anyway.

Fear not, re Sunday, the schedules (www.ubctv.com/schedule) has the Final showing on Supersport (Ch. 30) at 10.00 pm, straight after SUNDERLAND v Newcastle on ESPN. I would have thought most bars would show it, Leeds v Charlton should be on ESPN at 11.00 pm but it doesn't look like they are bothering.

Personally, I recommend The Living Room for all your footballing needs.

LG

[ February 21, 2002: Message edited by: Long Gone ]

Cheers Long Gone. I've checked out Living Room a few times. However, an occasion as auspicious as the Worthless Final demands privacy in a gooner-free zone (my apartment).

I don't want to hijack Goner Corner (sic) here (did that already - North Bank in the '80's - I was 13!) but what is "Supersport"? I don't have it! Is it part of the standard ESPN/UBC package which I do have? Do I need to tune my TV?

2 days to go until The Worthless.

quote:

Originally posted by JCK:

[QB]Cheers Long Gone. I've checked out Living Room a few times. However, an occasion as auspicious as the Worthless Final demands privacy in a gooner-free zone (my apartment).

I don't want to hijack Goner Corner (sic) here (did that already - North Bank in the '80's - I was 13!) but what is "Supersport"? I don't have it! Is it part of the standard ESPN/UBC package which I do have? Do I need to tune my TV?

[QB]

Supersport was, until this season, the home of the Premier League coverage. It should be found on UBC Channel 30, Supersport Gold on 31, ESPN on 32 Star Sports on 33. If you haven't got it it could be that you aren't actually subscribing but just getting a feed from a dodgy old satellite in your apartment.

All the more reason to come down to the Living Room! When you visited the Living Room, did you have a look in the chill-out room where they show the footee? It really is a splendid little hideaway with top class screen and sound. Go on, come and cheer Sunderland on and we'll support Spurs for a couple of hours when it's finished! Can't speak for the boss, mind, who's a Hammer!

LG

aahhh - JCK, where to begin?

which year were you on the north bank? was it in '82 when totts did pretty well while waving argie flags as our troops set sail to reclaim the falklands crazy.gif" border="0crazy.gif" border="0

much prepared '76 @ whl myself though fortuneatley punk came along and saved me from having photo albums full of a menacing teenager wearing flares, tank tops and scarves tied round the wrist laugh.gif" border="0

re the cup final, i'm sure you can guess who i'll be supporting tongue.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0

Okay, another dumb question. As a recent (within the last year) convert to an Arsenal supporter and still acquiring knowledge of English football. Who are the 'Scum'? I've heard it mentioned?

Also, I've heard a few derogatory terms for some of the other teams. What are some of the more popular ones? Still not 100% sure if 'the Arse' is a compliment or insult. Guess it depends on who is using it. If a supporter does is it a term of endearment?

Oh, one more thing. I have relatives in Brixton. What is the local team there or the closest team there or the team most Brixton residents support? I haven't spoken to my cousins in a long time and will ask them when I do. (I'll probably be asking to stay with them when I visit.) I plan on going to England within the next year or two and I will visit Highbury.

Thanks for your continued patience.

steve - scum seems to refer to absolutely any other team than your own these days, which i think is bollocks. kiddy fiddlers, people who beat up old folk, rapists - these are scum. someone who supports another football team is a wanker...a tosser tongue.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0

as i mentioned earlier, when i went to games, southampton were known as scummers by their rivals portsmouth.

we called spurs yids, liverpool were scouse bastards, newcastle were geordie bastards, west ham were west ham wankers...you get the drift...

i used to park in brixton and get the tube to the arse. not sure who most support down there, think it's more of a music thing.

keep the faith and c'mon blackburn wink.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0

Archived