Gooner Corner

frogpatrol

hey steve-

i'm always eager to help out a gunner. most people in brixton support a first division club in south london called millwall. millwall fans are amicable lot, hence i recommend you have stroll over to their ground, the den, on matchday. go into one of the home fan pubs and kindly introduce yourself. make sure to wear your arsenal shirt, preferably with the name of one of the arse's french black players like viera or henry on it. tell them you are american and a die-hard gunner... should be a most rewarding enterprise.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

which year were you on the north bank? was it in '82 when totts did pretty well

Oh yes, that 1981-82 season. Any Spurs geezer under 40 will tell you that was their most memorable season - yet! We beat the gooners away and knocked 'em out the FA cup.

OK, as it's a special day (Worthless Cup), here's an anecdote for all gooners:

In about mid-March 1982, the song from the Spurs "shelf" stand went:

Sing sing wherever you may be

We lost the League (Milk) Cup at Wembley

But we'll come back to win the other three

And we'll go down in history.

By mid-April 1982, the song had changed a teeny bit:

Sing sing wherever you may be

We lost the League Cup at Wembley

But we'll come back to win the FA Cup

Cos we f***ed all the others up

mad.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by slipknot99:

hey steve-

i'm always eager to help out a gunner. most people in brixton support a first division club in south london called millwall. millwall fans are amicable lot, hence i recommend you have stroll over to their ground, the den, on matchday. go into one of the home fan pubs and kindly introduce yourself. make sure to wear your arsenal shirt, preferably with the name of one of the arse's french black players like viera or henry on it. tell them you are american and a die-hard gunner... should be a most rewarding enterprise.

Classic Post mate.....

aw c'mon jck, you should have plenty to say wink.gif" border="0

a most enjoyable for the neutral gooner i felt, certainly much better than the north eastern drivel that preceeded.

i could go on about your best side struggling against a team of man u and liverpool reserves, sheri is past it, ferdi can't cut it...but i won't. fact is, if you're anything like me, you're probably having a really awful day.

good tongue.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0

quote:

jck, you should have plenty to say

two more words: bugger off frown.gif" border="0

It was a horrendous night from the beginning. I was in a state of panic as I stormed down Sukhumwit pushing past dawdling tourists clearly oblivious to the events unfolding in some far off enclosed stadium. My flabber was gasted when I saw that the highly acclaimed Living Room would be showing the Leeds Vs Charlton thriller instead. This bar will now be officially boycotted by all Bangkok Spurs’ geezers (for the next week).

My new strategy was to find a near empty bar and ask/beg/threaten them to show MY match. It worked! Every other bloody bar in the area was showing the Leeds game! Can I just say a loud $!@*# to all who came up to me, asked what the score was and then added, “Who’s playing?” One such ignoramous with an unmistakable East Midlands accent left whilst saying, “I want Blackburn to win this”. Look pal, you probably think Blackburn presents the bloody morning show on Radio 1 – GET A LIFE! (I was a bit agitated).

Oh yeah – the match. Firstly, all Americans must be banned from playing in Premier League teams, especially slapheads. Also, Graham Poll, you’re going to the World Cup, pal! Stop trying to enhance your already crap reputation! OK, refs have a hard time but - in the box, didn’t play the ball, player falls over – Jesus Christ man, were you on the Brains SA in Cardiff on Saturday night? (There you go Shebby Singh, there’s your next ESPN script.)

I left on the final whistle. As horrified Thais shielded their women, clearing a path for the exiting farang with murderous eyes, a nearby farang quipped, “You obviously support Spurs”.

Well done, Sherlock!

mad.gif" border="0

so if all totts are going to avoid the living room, let's see, that's about 120baht in missed takings crazy.gif" border="0 i guess our sad mackem, long gone, will cover that tonight shocked.gif" border="0

fair play to you, a decent post that i can identify with...if i cast my mind back far enough smile.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by JCK:

My flabber was gasted when I saw that the highly acclaimed Living Room would be showing the Leeds Vs Charlton thriller instead. This bar will now be officially boycotted by all Bangkok Spurs’ geezers (for the next week).

Well, in the absence of the boss, I nicked the remote in a desperate attempt to keep the sound louder than the blues band in the bar and I can assure you that shortly before 10.00 pm, once we had confirmed that Newcastle's goal should have been disallowed as Distin was miles offside (though I think Bellamy's should have counted!) channel 31 was firmly selected.

All the other bars showing Leeds was probably down to ignorance or nobody asking them to get off their arse and/or push some buttons. I think even Leeds and Charlton fans would have wanted that shower of shit switching over.

LG

Archived