Gooner Corner

frogpatrol

Very funny Racha, your punishment is to wear a Tottenham shirt amongst the Arsenal fans at a Spurs match at Highbury.

Q: Why are the Spurs (for Racha, input your team) like a tampon?

A: They're both not any good after one period.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve now your done it calling me a Spurs fan !! LOL !! anything but that, Im getting my punishiment by having to most proberly drive an Arsenal fan,(looks like the winner) Mr froggpatrol all the way to Phuket for winning the Nanaplaza fantasy football prize.....

A tourist wanders into a back-alley antique shop in San Francisco's Chinatown. Picking through the objects on display he discovers a detailed, life-sized bronze sculpture of a rat. The sculpture is so interesting and unique that he picks it up and asks the shop owner what it costs. "Twelve dollars for rat, sir," says the shop owner, "and a hundred dollar more for story behind it.""You can keep the story, old man," he replies, "but I'll take the rat." The transaction complete, the tourist leaves the store with the bronze rat under his arm. As he crosses the street in front of the store, two live rats emerge from a sewer drain and fall into step behind him. Nervously looking over his shoulder, he begins to walk faster, but every time he passes another sewer drain, more rats come out and follow him. By the time he's walked two blocks, at least a hundred rats are at his heels, and people begin to point and shout. He walks even faster, and soon breaks into a trot as multitudes of rats swarm from sewers, basements, vacant lots, windows, and abandoned cars. Rats by the thousands are at his heels, and as he sees the waterfront at the bottom of the hill, he panics and starts to run full tilt. No matter how fast he runs, the rats keep up, squealing hideously, now not just thousands but millions, so that by the time he comes rushing up to the water's edge, a trail of rats twelve city blocks long is behind him.Making a mighty leap, he jumps up onto a lampost, grasping it with one arm while he hurls the bronze rat into San Francisco Bay with the other, as far as he can heave it.WHOOOSH! Pulling his legs up and clinging to the lampost, he watches in amazement as the seething tide of rats surges over the breakwater into the sea, where they drown. Shaken and mumbling, he makes his way back to the antique shop."Ah, so you've come back for the rest of story," says the owner."No," says the tourist, "but I was wondering... do you have a sculpture of an Arsenal supporter?"

bangkok phil,i hope you have changed your mind about ruuuuuuuuuuuuud.

quality striker.

other people saying united are no good,saying united are only top because they only beat the lower teams.

leeds,liverpool and arsenal have a bad record against the lower teame!!.

look at the last 3-4 years and you will see that united have the worst record againt their rivals.

but when it comes to playing 10-12 games against lower teams who wins? and that makes the difference.

arsenal's home record this seaon is not wonderful.

personally i have no problem against arsenal,liverpool,newcattle and leeds,after all they have no chance of winning the league!!!!!!!!!!.

would'nt it be wonderful to have a champions league final between utd and liverpool/arsenal?.

after all we all though who would win.

Steve,

So you want to talk about name changes...

The Football Association was considering a scheme for simplifying club badges and emblems so that they more closely reflected the clubs' names. A committee was set up to receive suggestions and, after a few weeks, the chairman called a meeting.

'Gentlemen,' he said, 'our request for new club badge designs has produced a very satisfactory response.

Most of the suggestions are perfectly straightforward and logical - an ox for Oxford United, a sun for Sunderland, a heart for Heart of Midlothian, a windmill and a brick wall for Millwall.

However, I'm afraid we must definitely draw the line at the proposed design received from Arsenal!'

Footballspeak 101

Steve

No offence intended whatsoever but you could increase your credibility within the footballing fraternity significantly by remembering the following simple facts:

In football, there are no 'ties', only 'draws' (in Sunderland we do not even seem to have draws anymore ......)

Each game is made up of two 'halves' - as in 'a game of two halves, Brian' - there are no 'periods'

The full name of Spurs is Tottenham Hotspur FC

Cheers

LG

racha.

old joke but what's the new badge going to be for ARSEnal?.

had to laugh a couple of weeks ago,a gooner had the gooner badge tattooed on his chest and then the club bought out a new badge!!!.

being a united fan and going to the last game of the season,f.a. cup final and european cup final in barcelona i decided to have a tattoo to commerate the treble.

the club had changed the badge to donate their world reputation as a money-maker,not just a football club and the new badge had the words 'football club' removed.

needless to say i had a tattoo of the old badge,after all,all the clubs we support are football orientated.

Long Gone,

No offense taken at all! That's why I premise a lot of my posts that I'm a newbie Gooner and hoping the fact that I'm American and a new supporter will garner some sympathy.

I am willing to learn and in this topic I have asked a lot of questions, usually starting with 'A dumb question but...'

It is 'draw' and my West Indian father would have rebuked me for not knowing better. I actually knew their proper name was Hotspur and I just neglected to use it.

I'm also not looking for credibility in the sense as a credible, equally knowledgeable supporter as those that grew up with the sport.

I see myself similar to my father who knew nothing of American sports and when I was a boy and when we watched American football or he came to see me play as a child would compliment me by saying 'nice goal' when it was in fact a touchdown. I would cringe but now I empathise. I used to think 'how could Dad possibly be a fan if he doesn't know what to call it when someone scores?!'

I appreciate any and all corrections from you and others. I want to be the best supporter I can be.

I still laugh when I recall when I called the uniform a footbal jersey and Old Bastard said 'we wear football shirts, a jersey is that itchy, thick wool thing your grand mum buys you for Christmas'. Classic, I laugh when I still think of that.

There was a great article in the Bangkok Post last fall about English football that was a good primer for anyone wanting to know the basics about it.

Thanks again.

Steve

Archived