Message Of Hate From The Grave

Julian2

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...The Nazis weren't religious and tried to curtail the influence of christianity in their society...

Eh? Better go back to your history books. The Nazis seemed to have worked with Pope Pius XII in Rome (at the very least, he turned a blind eye to them, but there seems to be a lot more to it than that). The slogan of the Wehrmacht was Got mid uns (God with us) and they wore that on their belt buckles!

Cheers,

SD

Adolf had mixed feelings with christianity (and don't forget some Germans are reformed religion rather than catholic)...

Knowing that the Vatican's archives about ww2 will not open before 6 years and will most certianly need 7-8 years before being examined in details we will never know the truth about how much the catholic church authorities were involved.

About the wermacht being nazi:

Most of the Wehrmacht soldiers were not hardcorenazi or evne member of the party but were good nationalist Prussians...

But was the Wehrmacht nazi? Yes undoubtly especially in light of all the German studies -> the Wehrmacht followed the orders about ethnical cleaning in the East (and many units themselves committed mass murders), was the ordinary soldier a hardcore nazi? No, but the institution undoubtly followed the most extreme orders until the end.

But was the Wehrmacht nazi? Yes undoubtly especially in light of all the German studies -> the Wehrmacht followed the orders about ethnical cleaning in the East (and many units themselves committed mass murders), was the ordinary soldier a hardcore nazi? No, but the institution undoubtly followed the most extreme orders until the end.

That would be my take on it as well, not being a German (so my knowledge is limited), but as an educated and interested observer.

I think very difficult to separate Nazis from Xtianity; tho' I am not for a second blaming Xtianity for Nazis. It is also understandable that Xtian believers have difficulties in believing this, so they rationalize the thoughts away ("Xtians couldn't do this, so Nazis couldn't be Xtians.").

Cheers,

SD

I am not German either but studied a lot WW2.

(and I agree with most recent German and foreign studies studying the role of the Wehrmacht).

There was until the nineties a belief that Waffen SS and SS = bad nazi who committed all the crimse and Wehrmacht the brave Prussian soldiers who fought to respect their oath...

This myth has been destroyed especially after the exposition in Germany organized by the government listing the "crimes of the Wehrmacht".

Were all Catholics = nazis? Not at all but this is a fact that many catholics were German soldiers and more than a few kapos or camp commanders were fervent catholics.

The most important was the silence of the Catholic church throughout the war (even silencing the few priests who tried to tell the truth)...

I guess the time of martyrs had passed when they did not denounce what happened...or my naughty side tends to think that maybe as the exterminated people were just "Jews, Polish, Russians etc..." it did not matter?

The Nazis threw plenty of ministers into concentration camps for not supporting them. e.g. Dietrich Bonhoeffer. Jehovah's Witnesses too, since they refused to support the military, let alone serve in it.

Hitler had decided that Jesus's real father was a German serving in the Roman Legion in Israel. Adolf really seems to have wanted to return to the ancient Teutonic relgion of Thor, Woden, Freya etc.

Archived