Obese have right to 2 airline seats: Canada court

Guy Himmaparn

Euh your weight is 55 kg???

I never thought I would find someone with less weight than me on this board...

May I ask if you are like my brother, 2 metres tall but very light bones and thus a weight of only 65kg.

i'm only around 1.77 Metres tall.

i just have little flesh covering my bones,my ribs stick out and phalanges are very bony.

my waist is around 71 Centimetres and that makes it difficult to find trousers to fit me.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

ok sayjann generally speaking. yes exceptions do occur. yes it is metabolism, and that has to be stimulated, again generally, to work properly. again, exceptions occur.

There's a well documented genetic aspect to some obesity, but for many is it diet and lack of exercise. Also some people have overactive thyroids and burn calories like crazy. My brother is one. Skinny as a rake.

I've never been skinny and can eat food like no one I've ever met, but I wouldn't let myself get fat. If I show signs of ballooning then it's off to the gym. When I gave up smoking I put on 2 stone, but in 3 months at the gyn I'd lost 2 1/2 stone!

I now smoke again...I expect the same to happen when give up for good, soon-ish....

Guest lazyphil

the thing is we can all cite cases of knowing someone who weights 9 stone and eats 4 burgers everyday and 9 pints of lager and never exercises or somebodys grand dad who lived to 109 on a diet of 40 cigs a day and fry ups and beer etc, they are the EXCEPTIONS......but the rule of thumb is consume more energy than you burn on a daily basis and you'll get fat and fat is inert dead matter.....i'm not saying live like a trapist monk, just be sensible.

Agree, have one guy working in the office.

He is around 200kg and can do nothing about it as this is the result of a genetic fault.

Sayjann, I believe you are like me, small, very fit, eating disgusting greasy food, sometimes eating like a monster but gaining no weight...

And yes this is metabolism, "hummingbird" would define us.

Downside seems to be that at around 50-60 years old our metabolism will slow down and we might gain a lot of weight.

Also don't forget that if we don't gain weight, bad food doesn't help arteries and cholesterol.

:beer:

because of my health problems over the last 18 Months i have had many tests.

my Cardiologist is very happy with the state of my heart,arteries etc.

no problems at all and my cholesterol is very low and all the doctors are pleased at that.

the thing is we can all cite cases of knowing someone who weights 9 stone and eats 4 burgers everyday and 9 pints of lager and never exercises or somebodys grand dad who lived to 109 on a diet of 40 cigs a day and fry ups and beer etc, they are the EXCEPTIONS......but the rule of thumb is consume more energy than you burn on a daily basis and you'll get fat and fat is inert dead matter.....i'm not saying live like a trapist monk, just be sensible.

I normally have porridge and fruit for breakfast, a sandwich or some smoked fish and a salad for lunch. Dinner would normally be healthy fresh food with nothing fried.

I haven't eaten any fast food for ages, maybe 1 burger a year if that, mainly because I can't stand the crap. My weight is always maintained at around 73kgs.

Funny thing is, if I do have a splurge, like when I went on a weeks golfing holiday to Ireland and drank 74 pints of Guiness in 6 days, had a full cooked irish breakfast everyday, followed by a massive lunch and a massive dinner, I normally lose a few pounds.

How the fuck that happens I will never know. But it must also happen to people who are fat. No matter what they try and no matter how they starve themselves it will make feck all difference.

Guest lazyphil

if i look at a kebab i have to squeeze in my jeans, well not quite but it only takes a week to 10 days of rubbish diet and no exercise and i'm reaching for 34 inch waiste jeans :(

Archived