Zantika fire????

drogon

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I think the upstairs areas in SC are pretty ok actually. The authorities came by about 4 years ago and made sure all the buildings have an external ladder. Check it out - they are in the front of the bars and can be seen from the street. I also know the fire extinguishers are checked regularly as are the emergency lights.

Seems ok - touch wood."

well there's a soi cowboy fire thread right next to this one so no need to speculate - it was realistically 'tested' last night as rawhide caught fire - 2 persons from upstairs escaped in time via this exact fire escape it seems according an eye witness post on thaivisa :up:

time for some refreshed confidence in the Thais ;)

actually the worst was that no emergency light existed/worked especially ones that could have guided to nearest exit(s) as to decrease the casualties stuck & tramped. E.g. live footage reportedly include misguided shouts to get to the downstairs toilets to escape, but I'm afraid the opposite happened mainly :(

I guess the further investigation into the matter will show that fire code was NOT followed on top of the under ages let in & the improper license situation.

owner/manager in deep shite for sure & a sentence will come on this to be sure albeit not an ideal one...

I would say no arson. The owners would not torch the place before collecting the few million baht of that nights revenue.

Either fireworks or an electrical short started the fire. No emergency lighting at the exits, no sprinkler system, flammable foam ceiling, and no staff fire drills all contributed to the loss of life.

Archived