Bushism's...how we'll miss them!

Faustian

Chris Dodd' date=' Eliot Spitzer, Kwame Kilpatrick, Sheila Dixon...[/quote']

You guys are just listing the people you think are corrupt and I do not disagree with your list. But I thought we were talking about indictments here!

Whoa! It is true that Chris Dodd hasn't been indicted (though he should be). The rest are well into deep shit. Spitzer resigned and is still being investigated regarding misuse of campaign funds. Former Detroit Mayor Kilpatrick is in jail. Baltimore Mayor Dixon was indicted last week on twelve (12) felony counts.

Plus I forgot to mention a personal favorite, former New Orleans Congressman William "Cold Cash" Jefferson, indicted on a raft of felony charges years ago and allowed by the Democratic leadership to continue serving through one re-election until he was displaced from office in an irregular runoff election that led to his defeat by Republican newcomer Joseph Cao.

You can't forget gold old Republican Larry Craig who still contends he only spits, never swallowed.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chris Dodd' date=' Eliot Spitzer, Kwame Kilpatrick, Sheila Dixon...[/quote']

You guys are just listing the people you think are corrupt and I do not disagree with your list. But I thought we were talking about indictments here!

Whoa! It is true that Chris Dodd hasn't been indicted (though he should be). The rest are well into deep shit. Spitzer resigned and is still being investigated regarding misuse of campaign funds. Former Detroit Mayor Kilpatrick is in jail. Baltimore Mayor Dixon was indicted last week on twelve (12) felony counts.

Plus I forgot to mention a personal favorite, former New Orleans Congressman William "Cold Cash" Jefferson, indicted on a raft of felony charges years ago and allowed by the Democratic leadership to continue serving through one re-election until he was displaced from office in an irregular runoff election that led to his defeat by Republican newcomer Joseph Cao.

I don't care what party they are, if they break the law, book 'em!

Did you watch his farewell address to the press corps? Amazing! It was like he was drunk or doped up or something. He is extremely inarticulate and seems dumb as a rock in this address. The past couple of weeks he has been saying some really odd stuff and acting like he hasn't a care in the world and almost happy to be leaving the job.

Archived