Does a good thai girl exist ??

cheekyboy

Faustian:

The group I "studied" considered a big age gap a no no but when asked some answered 10-12 years were acceptable.

The nice, well-maintained criterias I agree completely.

"Handsome" is not a big criteria but it helps.

Confident: This is a bit dangerous as these women don't like men with a low self-esteem but I also realized they dislike men with a huge ego...

I found this group of GTG no different from other ladies of similar education/social position in the world except: They are more easily approachable, more focused on personal qualities rather than just apparence, more caring and friendly than back here for example.

Of course they are also more beautiful than the average office ladies back here but this is just my tastes....

:beer:

This said, I can't be really objective as I am in my early thirties, "cute", not a farang beggar in the street, polite and (too) nice...

-> so I am the (almost) perfect man

(so sad that I am not taller than Tom Cruise)

:neener:

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know lots of GTGs...hundreds....all uni educated. Most want a nice, confident well-maintained guy who doesn't cheat.

Spot on. Those that I know want:

Good heart

Financially secure (does nor mean rich)

Not 'too' ugly or fat.

Honest

No cheating

Good at 'take care' her and her family

First inkling of bull shit, playing around, just after sex etc, they run.

Faustian:

The group I "studied" considered a big age gap a no no but when asked some answered 10-12 years were acceptable.

There is a 12 year age gap between my wife and I. Much more than that I think she would find uncomforatble publically. Peoples perception etc.

My own perception would be, on seeing an age gap of 20 years plus, that the girl is probably just a Gold digger. But I think that's just human nature isn't it. No reason at all why two people can genuinely love each other even with a big age gap.

A few times I have asked my wife, usually when we are on holiday in Jomtien, "are you embarassed at being married to an older fat (well a bit) farang?" The last time I asked she got a bit annoyed, saying "if I didn't like it I would not have married you. Stop askig you idiot".

But don't regret that you will not hear some real life spice from one of Bangkok's most catastrophic "relations". And a brutally comic one, par dessus le marche'

Ah yes; but we hear those stories on a daily basis, right? Hence the request for ontopicness.

Cheers,

SD

Spot on. Those that I know want:

Good heart

Financially secure (does nor mean rich)

Not 'too' ugly or fat.

Honest

No cheating

Good at 'take care' her and her family

First inkling of bull shit, playing around, just after sex etc, they run.

Just to add to my previous comment. For those who really want to find a GTG via the Internet, who might be looking for a 'keeper', one more tip from my humble experience.

Act the part! Take your time, court her, don't try to get in her pants on the first date. If you do, she will just mark you down as another sex crazed farang who thinks all TGs are like hookers.

Expect to get nowhere re the sex aspect for many many dates, maybe not till you have met the family etc etc. Maybe not even then. (If she accelerates the process fine, but not you).

Treat her like you expect she would want to be treated and if she is a genuine GTG she will respect you for it, and appreciate you are not just another farang trying to get a notch on your gun.

If you are not prepared to take your time in this way and accord her this respect, don't waste your time or hers.

Just my take on things....... No expert by any means.

So, no one has yet defined the term GTG. :devil:

Now that is a tricky one! Let me have a go ...

Firstly I don't think it has to exclude BGs. What we are talking about here is the Girl's intentions, her motives, her attitudes to other people, her life goals perhaps.

I have met as I am sure we all have, some delightful BGs who were genuinely nice and 'good' people. Sadly not many make it into the GTG category for me because they are mostly money grabbing liars and cheaters who are totally screwed up (in the head). Probably not their fault, itâ??s the job.

So having got that out of the way, and potentially avoided conflict with any board members who did find and marry a BG gem, here are some thoughts on what a GTG might be:

Good at heart. Well intentioned. Not just out to marry money or extort money. Wanting to give as well as receive, emotionally.

From a good home back ground. Not in a wealthy sense, but in terms of values. Honesty, hard working, respect for people etc.

Genuinely seeking a life partner perhaps. Wanting to settle down and develop a serious long term relationship.

Not a play girl. May have had the odd boy friend but probably not like some we see in the West who seem to just sleep around.

Probably not much of a drinker or smoker. Tricky one this, but I rather view that like the Tattoos mentioned earlier in this thread.

So what might this GTG look like if you met her in the Street?

Like the thousands of cute office girls we see every day. Well dressed (talking smart not expensive) and well groomed. Attractive, subtly sensual rather than outright sexy, certainly not tarty looking. Somewhat shy at first, not used to talking to strange men and certainly not farangs. But a real spark of life and energy and playfulness behind those gorgeous dark eyes, leaving us a sense that she could be a lot of fun once she gets to know you and is comfortable with the relationship and its future.

This is not a girl that you play with, that you try to bed at the earliest opportunity, moving on to your next target. This one is a keeper. This is one that if played with, not treated well, not respected, and who ends up discarded like a play thing, will be scarred forever. Her faith in men damaged, her faith in her own judgment shattered, her dreams destroyed.

If you do manage to find a keeper then you are a winner. For that GTG described above will very often fit that old English Quotation, that a perfect wife should behave like a lady in the drawing room, but a whore in the bedroom.

Just my somewhat romantic thoughts...........from someone who found a keeper.

Firstly I don't think it has to exclude BGs.

Come on. There are good-hearted BGs but that's different. We can use whatever definition for GTG as it is just a made up term anyway. But I believe that the standard convention used by farang is specifically to identify girls who aren't on the game.

Firstly I don't think it has to exclude BGs.

Come on. There are good-hearted BGs but that's different. We can use whatever definition for GTG as it is just a made up term anyway. But I believe that the standard convention used by farang is specifically to identify girls who aren't on the game.

I agree we tend to use the term GTG here to mean non BG. Was just making the point, perhaps being overly politically correct, that amongst the BGs there are bound to be a few good ones.

But Yes, to keep it simple, I would tend to agree that the term GTG should mean non BG. But no 'just' non BG. There are plenty of 'bad' TGs too! So a GTG is the the best of...

Archived