Does a good thai girl exist ??

cheekyboy

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Hi so" with low paying jobs???

I agree with SD there is a big difference between the "old hi so" and the "new rich" but the few decent "traditional hi so Thais" I have "befriended"

never heard of a "poor hi so Thai"...

Although many countries have people with no wealth who get a lot of respect for many reasons

(some Monks in Thailand are in the same kind of situation but they, of course, are not marriage material)

I can hardly think of a "hi so Thai" who would be considered a good prospect if not wealthy...

Korean society, HK etc... are usually depicted as being "ultra money hungry materialistic" cultures but I believe the "hi so or wannabees" Thais are the worst in this respect.

(except of course the established hi so who are wealthy and from nobility etc...)

Of course this comes from my very limited experience getting close to only 3 Thai "hi so" families....

somchai888, it is possible to define human characteristics and behaviour. People are remarkably sheep like and usually stick to a pattern of learned behaviour. I'm sure if I met you I could catagorise you, but I'd probably use more scientific terminology.

Whilst the term "GTG" is ridiculous it does serve a purpose, as in Thailand there are supposed rules pertaining to how one behaves. Gender (and hierarchical) stereotyping they may be, but one such easily observed one is that a GTG doesn't smoke. Are there GTG's who smoke? Almost certainly, but it is severely frowned upon and such an individual will be gossiped about and viewed in a negative light.

Different culture, different rules.

SD - I know many teachers (thai) wh are highly looked upon by students etc - viewed as great marriage material but paid shit money.

I also a number of key members of "HiSo" families that work in shitty paying but interesting jobs because "they can afford too"

A lot of the problems all y'all seem to be having I think come from attempting to categorize humans into categories of "good girls" and "bad girls." How stupid do you think it is when they categorize guys into "good man" and "bad man"? Well, it's even stupider when you do that, because presumably you've had access to a more nuanced and less dogmatic education and worldview.

People aren't "good" or "bad." People always do what's best for them.

What a load of crap.

Good people are people who work within the system, who generally do not break the rules of the system to get what they want. People who contribute to society rather than leech off of it.

Bad people infringe on the status quo that the others have enjoyed.

But getting back to the OP there are moral standards regardless of your socioeconomic situation.

SD - I know many teachers (thai) wh are highly looked upon by students etc - viewed as great marriage material but paid shit money.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that once you get past the "schoolgirl crush" that the view of marriage material declines exponentially.

I also a number of key members of "HiSo" families that work in shitty paying but interesting jobs because "they can afford too"

Don't argue. But as you said: they can afford to. Meaning they have lots of $$ in the bank, and therefore are not poor. Back to the money again...oh dear!

Cheers,

SD

Sometimes money in the bank, more often illiquid wealth in land, houses, sometimes businesses. Have you ever read Chekhov's The Cherry Orchard? Either way, money in bank or illiquid money in land, status is not measured by monthly salary, which was exactly my point. Personal anecdote: I know a young woman with a hiso surname and two Chula degrees who makes around 25K baht per month at her government job, and easily spends that much in one spa visit.

Archived