Does a good thai girl exist ??

cheekyboy

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I deeply apologize to all kangaroos but it was just an attempt at throwing some kiwis at you

:neener:

worldfun: Agree with your top3 lists...although you might get lucky anywhere.

Thinking about that, some of my missus friends are not against meeting some foreigners for a date (although they meet plenty of foreigners in their company's building) but a few things they made me realize when discussing the matter with them.

(or, what some Thai women want)

. They are not necessarily looking for someone rich but with some financial stability.

. They would not consider someone less educated

(they all have as a minimum a bachelor and some have an MBA, sometimes obtained while studying abroad)

. They mind about the age gap, 15 years age difference is a no no for them

. Butterflies, lying men are out of question

When asked how a foreigner who might be interested in one of them could approach the lady in question:

. They often go out in group (it was weird for me to go out with 10+ Thai ladies and me being the only man), and they said that even if going out on

"sanuk mode" they are open provided contact is made in a nice and discreet way....

. At office is out of question if the farang is a customer, colleague

. They love flowers since none of them ever received flowers from a boyfriend

(I looked pretty stupid at their office's reception with the flowers I brought to my missus)

GTG are plenty and approachable, just open your eyes and be ready to go along with the Thai customs and don't forget to bring your "western romantic lover" touch...

I suppose this time I got lucky

Pretty much my experience as well.

"They often go out in group (it was weird for me to go out with 10+ Thai ladies and me being the only man)..." 55555555555 Can relate totally.

I wouldn't totally discount the internet (I know a couple of guys who have met nice middle class gals from there, but you have to sort through a bunch from talking to them). I find it is not for me. Odd, since I am a techie by nature. Can't place my finger on as to why I'm not interested at al in that method.

As far as bars go, if you are talking P4P bars, well then, duh. But if you are talking trendy nightspots like Club Culture, Swerve, Ashley's, Bombay, 808 (ex-Club Astra), Scratch Dog, numerous others, then there are plenty of non-P4P gals there (pretty much you will NOT find P4P gals at any of those places unless they are "off-duty").

"GTG are plenty and approachable, just open your eyes and be ready to go along with the Thai customs and don't forget to bring your "western romantic lover" touch..." Yup, that's the case. You gotta "have game" as we say in the States, just like when hitting on chix anywhere else on the planet. It simply is not any different in Bangkok.

Cheers,

SD

"...I wouldn't totally discount the internet (I know a couple of guys who have met nice middle class gals from there, but you have to sort through a bunch from talking to them)..."

I know 3 Thai girls, 2 of them teachers, 1 (the sister of one of the previously mentioned teachers) a translator, who all met their husbands on the internet. One guy, married to the translator is an engineer from Norway, the other guy, married to the teacher is a truck driver also from Norway (both guys are somehow related/friends or something). The other teacher is married to a Belgian Lawyer.

I would put all 3 in the true GTG category...as best it can be done. All the girls seem happy (not sure about the guys :) )and seem to be doing well. Now farther down the road how well and happy, who knows, but most marriages fail anyway, so what difference would their back grounds and where they met/how really even matter?

I seem to recall more than a few guys on this board saying they met their wives on the internet. Maybe we could hear from some of them?

Archived