Women missed her flight/ Youtube

kamui

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

HONG KONG - Cathay Pacific announced it had apologised to a passenger whose hysterical tantrum after missing a flight from Hong Kong has clocked close to five million hits on YouTube.

Cathay said it had identified the member of its staff who took a mobile telephone video of the woman passenger on Feb 4.

The video found its way to YouTube and has since become one of the site's most popular clips ever. It has been featured in news reports and TV shows across the world.

The three-minute video starts with the screaming woman running towards the departure gate and bouncing off a female security guard at the Hong Kong airport.

She then starts banging a desk before collapsing to the floor and rolling around, while maintaining a high-pitched wail.

"We have conveyed the findings of our inquiry to the passenger concerned, and her family, and have issued an apology for the inconvenience and embarrassment she may have suffered as a result," a Cathay spokeswoman said.

She said the person who posted the video on YouTube was not a member of staff and that the employee who had recorded the incident had been disciplined.

The airline offered the passenger seat upgrades and air miles, and she had not sought compensation from Cathay, the spokeswoman said.

Source

WTF?? Other than the employee filming her, the airline did nothing wrong and owe no apology. If there is any apology coming, the subject in the clip should be apologizing for her behavior.

I wish there were cameras at the gates when I was still working. It might have put a damper on shit like this.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Fully agree. PC going wild again :(

Sanuk!

I respectfully disagree. I mean the person here is in function. Working for an airline. You're supposed to help your customers. It was not some innocent bystander. Instead of helping, this guy pisses all over her, and shares this movie with his mates. If the guy was working for me, I would have fired him.

How would you feel if taxi drivers started filming drunken customers, or if police officers started posting films on youtube of people resisting arrest because it is so goddamn funny? This is definitely over the line for me.

I respectfully disagree with your respectful disagreement.

I posted on another site that this might not be a bad idea for the norm. Not employees filming but having cameras and microphones at the gates and ticket counters. This type of behavior (which happens more than you may think) would hopefully be squelched by the eye in the sky.

You mentioned that the employee is there to help. How in the hell could you help this lady? She was listening to no one and even the guy that tried to help her up wasn't being listened to. I changed my mind a bit and the employee did nothing wrong with filming it. It could have been used later if she decided to make a stink about something. The only wrong about the video was the posting of it on a public forum.

This type of behavior (which happens more than you may think)

In case there are any freaks here collecting videos of people running berserk at checkin : highly recommend checkin procedures Ethiopian Airlines evening flight from Guangzhou to Karthoum during Canton Fair . You may study in peace from a distance what reckless overbooking can do to African tradesmen with several cubic meters of excess baggage . Scenery looks like mixture of a rugby game and suicide bombing .

Archived