Bring back the death penalty

gobbledonk

This is a general reply not directed to anyone in particular.

I would like to put a different slant on this. I am against the death penalty, but noit for the reasons that mistakes can be made. Sure those reasons are important, and mistakes are made (Timothy Evans being one example).

My main objection to the death penalty is that it demeans all of us as a society, and brings us down to the level of the murderer. Surely we should get over the "eye for an eye" mentality - we are better than that.

I agree that some people are incapable of being rehabilitated (sociopaths and psychopaths being the prime example), but they are still human beings, and society should take the higher ground.

BTW isn't it interesting that people who oppose abortions because of the "sanctity of human life" tend to be those who are in favour of the death penalty and the ownership of guns...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW isn't it interesting that people who oppose abortions because of the "sanctity of human life" tend to be those who are in favour of the death penalty and the ownership of guns...

Damn straight - guns dont kill people, people WITH guns kill people ;)

I remember reading a quote from a Texan way back in the 80s, something along the lines of 'an armed society is a polite society' - unfortunately, they make it a policy of taking all the weapons from students in the US, leaving them completely defenceless when a gunman or 3 bursts into the school and starts shooting. Just once, I want one of these school shootings to end with a Dirty Harry style 'you call that a gun ?' showdown. Martin Bryant, the worst mass murderer in Australian history, was very brave until armed Police finally arrived - he was found hiding under a car pleading 'please dont shoot me'.

As a taxpayer, I resent having to pay to keep people like him in solitary and provide mental health professionals to stop them topping themselves. I say give the shrinks a holiday and let nature take its course.

Bryant - one sad puppy

Guest lazyphil

isn't it odd that those who are in favor of aborting an innocent babys want to protect human garbage from the gas chamber!

if i could own a gun i would, not legal here, but i do take a blackwidow catapult fishing to target practice hitting coke cans during quiet spells :content:

"...BTW isn't it interesting that people who oppose abortions because of the "sanctity of human life" tend to be those who are in favour of the death penalty and the ownership of guns..."

Owning a gun has NOTHING to do with Abortion and or capitol punishment. I own guns, am pro abortion/"choice" and anti death penalty...the 3 just aren't related...I do see the argument about the death penalty and abortion how ever.

Guest lazyphil

i'm looking forward to chinese global rule, get some mobile execution/organ harvest facilitys on the move. they dont get brow beaten by any pressure gruops of any leanings, the way to go!!!

I have also been banged up due to "Family Connections" and later been released without charge, sorry I have no confidence in the judicial system.

That is the sad reality of the justice system. The innocent until proven guilty concept just does not exist. I too have been accused of certain discrepencies by family only to be cleared. One more battle to go.

Unfortunately in this day of globalization and corporate greed justice takes a back seat to greed. While the prison industry is such a boom industry I am surprized people even think the death penalty is being carried out to the satisfactory regularity of the uncivalised of the world.

Food for thought

http://www.prop1.org/legal/prisons/970317itt.htm

Guest lazyphil

what is uncivilised is monsters like fritzel who raped (said to be 3000 times) and tortured his own daughter in a rat infested dungeon for 24 years without any doubt whatsoever of his guilt will die in relative comfort in prison. how anyone can advocate and promote him having the need for human dignity is beyond me, he ceased being human the moment this cruel and evil act started with the first rape. this is not biblical eye for an eye nonsense. its natural revenge, in fact his daughter should be allowed to mete out her chosen form of justice. actually death is too easy for him, he should be lowered into a dank rat infested pit and given the minimal about of food and water to exist and have constant sleep deprevation tactics used on him and daily water boarding and so on till the devil croakes it disclaimer i dont purport to be anymore horrified by this than anyone else.

the Fritzel case is a clear one for execution.

his crimes were henious and deserve to be punished with more than an easy life in jail.

the case of the fella released after 27 years (less then 20 miles from me) is a totally different matter.

forensics in those days were poor and the British police were reknowned for doing anything to get their man,fairly or not.

if the fella had been executed it would have been a huge miscarraige of justice but would tests have been after all those years?.

there was a similar case where i live around the same time and the fella was also cleared after many years.

both murders i could be guilty of as i was in both areas and a young man.

police can reopen both cases but very hard test every male who was living in the area 20+ years ago.

mistakes will always be made and innocent will die and guilty will walk.

but i still think less mistakes will be made tomorrow that what were made 30 years ago.

BTW isn't it interesting that people who oppose abortions because of the "sanctity of human life" tend to be those who are in favour of the death penalty . . . .

Got to love 'em. "All life is precious." The sanctity of life. Paramount in all conversations.

Yet the same ones: "Hang 'em."

Gets one to a wondering about actual motives.

Hmm . . all life is precious . . . hang the bastards!

Either you are 'for' life or you are 'agin' life. Get your story straight.

Archived