Bring back the death penalty

gobbledonk

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the Fritzel case is a clear one for execution.

Care to explain how you came to that conclusion?

His obvious guilt aside.

the man is obviously not right in the head to do what he did.

the shrinks can say many things but do they or will they ever understand the human brain/mind.

Fritzel must have been sane to build the underground complex and plan things so expertly.

but so evil to keep his own daughter a captive for 20+ years and have sex with her hundreds of times resulting in many kids,one of which he allowed to die.

she might have been compliant in his actions but to do such things to your own flesh and blood is horrendous.

why should he live out his life in luxury when he subjected his own family to horror?.

and why should the Austrians pay for his future comfort?.

Death does not exist, only life exists. If you are dead you cannot suffer or regret not being alive.

Consequently being dead cannot be a penalty. Waiting for your execution is a dreadful penalty because our survival instincts but it's of relatively short duration.

Doesn't Fritzl's evil acts deserve a long time torment in jail? His victims suffered for many years and so should he.

So my objection to the death penalty is 2 fold, 1) you might be wrong, despite all the best efforts (hahaha) and 2) if guilty, killing the bastards is just letting them off easy.

I am with OH on this. Concerning #1, Google "northwestern university" and "death row" and see.

I don't disagree that some people are worthy of being whacked as punishment for their crimes. (Like the people that break my car windows) But as a society, administering it fairly is problematic.

Aside from that, let them get punished in the slammer. That might be worse than death.

the Fritzel case is a clear one for execution.

Care to explain how you came to that conclusion?

His obvious guilt aside.

the man is obviously not right in the head to do what he did.

the shrinks can say many things but do they or will they ever understand the human brain/mind.

Fritzel must have been sane to build the underground complex and plan things so expertly.

but so evil to keep his own daughter a captive for 20+ years and have sex with her hundreds of times resulting in many kids' date='one of which he allowed to die.

she might have been compliant in his actions but to do such things to your own flesh and blood is horrendous.

why should he live out his life in luxury when he subjected his own family to horror?.

and why should the Austrians pay for his future comfort?.

[/quote']

We (shrinks) understand completely. If you wish I can explain?

He is sane, that much is obvious.

Consider this, if you will...many men view women as possessions/objects. His behaviour is simply a few steps removed from commonly occurring thoughts/behaviour. Scary, certainly....

Archived