Bring back the death penalty

gobbledonk

Consider this, if you will...many men view women as possessions/objects. His behaviour is simply a few steps removed from commonly occurring thoughts/behaviour. Scary, certainly....

Ouch ! Does this apply to those of us who would prefer to 'rent rather than buy' ? I do know what you are getting at, but we have had a few board members in the short time that I have been with the board who came across as being very much in the group who see women as possessions and, dare I say it, expendable possessions at that.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I'm talking about a feeling of wanting ownership over another, quite different from renting.

Some folks want total control of another. If you can control another absolutely you can't be hurt by them. You call the shots, they obey. Fritzl's experiences from childhood indicate a severely insecure attachment to his mother, she seems to have been highly erratic and inconsistent. Where a deficit occurs, people over compensate to fill the empty void. His childhood would've been full of hurt and instability, thus he created the opposite, by being totally dominant and re-enacting this hurt upon another. Intentionally...

It appears he was delusion-ally thinking that his daughter reciprocated this bizarre love he says he felt for her. I don't buy that, as he kept them under lock and key. He obviously feared their escape...and you don't run away if you love.

It's not mad, just totally fucked up/disturbed. All carefully considered and worked out.

Three of the children had been imprisoned along with their mother for the whole of their lives: daughter Kerstin, aged 19, and sons Stefan, 18, and Felix, 5. One child, named Michael, had died of respiratory problems three days after birth, deprived of all medical help; his body was incinerated by Josef Fritzl on his property. The three other children were raised by Fritzl and his wife Rosemarie in the upstairs home. Fritzl had engineered the appearance of these children as foundlings discovered outside his house: Lisa at nine months in 1993, Monika at ten months in 1994, and Alexander at 15 months in 1997.

Fritzl's behaviour is not too far removed from the so called "honour killings" of women by their father or siblings. Come to think of it, it's related to the arranged marriages of daughters by parents with the young women having no choice in the matter. All of these to me are disgusting.

Didn't know he had a wife...ok so now the plot thickens...I also don't believe his wife had no clue...I mean how did he explain where the daughter was?

He said the daughter was in a cult and just dropped off the children.

Where did the wife think all that food and clothing was disappearing to? Then all the extra trash he had to haul back out of the dungeon. :doah:

Archived