Liver pate

khunsanuk

Hi,

Our dog has an eye infection and needs to take pills every evening. He hates eating pills, so to make things a lot easier I've bought liver pate and put his pills in that, then feed it to him. He doesn't even realize he's eating pills.

Now, what surprised me is that no one in the house (besides the dog and me) is willing to even taste the liver pate. They have no problem eating liver, but won't try this.

Also no problem eating nam prik and kapi, but again, won't try this.

Odd :)

Sanuk!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it depends of the pate. Chicken liver? Quail liver? Dog liver? Rooster liver?

Is this store bought? Can?

Homemade fresh?

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)

3 cups water

1 pound chicken liver

1 onion, thinly sliced

1/4 cup chopped onion

3 tablespoons cooking sherry

3/4 cup butter, softened

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

1/8 teaspoon ground mace

Add to Recipe Box

My folders:

Add to Shopping List

Customize Recipe

Add a Personal Note

What to Drink?

Riesling

DIRECTIONS

In a medium saucepan, combine water, chicken livers, and sliced onion. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cover. Simmer for about 20 minutes, or until liver is cooked and tender. Remove from heat, drain, and discard onions. Also remove and discard any hard portions of the liver.

Place cooked livers in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth. Add chopped onion, sherry, butter or margarine, salt, black pepper, and mace; pulse to blend. With hands lightly greased, form pate mixture into a mound, and place on a serving platter. Chill for 1 hour before serving.

Hi,

Our dog has an eye infection and needs to take pills every evening. He hates eating pills, so to make things a lot easier I've bought liver pate and put his pills in that, then feed it to him. He doesn't even realize he's eating pills.

Now, what surprised me is that no one in the house (besides the dog and me) is willing to even taste the liver pate. They have no problem eating liver, but won't try this.

Also no problem eating nam prik and kapi, but again, won't try this.

Odd :)

Sanuk!

We have 2 dogs and they both love to eat - slices of oranges.

Hi,

"Ms Vampy loves pig liver (always orders it at the Korean BBQ for example)"

Yep, same here. Whenever we eat Suki or BBQ, my wife will order liver. Then again, for me it's the other way around, I won't touch the liver, but don't mind pate :)

Sanuk!

Same.

But just recently went to a new place, a Japanese BBQ (fooled me because I took clients to a Korea BBQ and only noticed when I got the bill that the place was called a Japanese BBQ) - but anyways, nice meat and only after did they tell me that the one dish I liked was actually beef tongue.

Would have never tried it if I knew what it was, but actually tasted ok.

Cheers!

Archived