Iowa third state to legalize gay marriage.

youngfarang

<>

in which case theres some double standards in that homophobia is a normal attitude in jamaica, nigeria etc etc, ?....

Phil, we are talking about the USA here. Those countries have fuck all to do with anything right now.

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<>

in which case theres some double standards in that homophobia is a normal attitude in jamaica, nigeria etc etc, ?....

Yes, those highly developed, tolerant societies....well done, good examples...yet again you've trumped us all with your brilliant incisive reasoning.

I think you should change your board name to irrelevant phil...it's so much more fitting...

I think the USA is going gay.

I think that a few on this board may be peeking through the closet keyhole from inside the closet. ;)

HH

Sorta funny HH how you are constantly resorting to insults and homophobic rhetoric when your arguments get challenged. It would be interesting to see how many times you have used the terms "fudge packer" or "corn holer" or other erudite phrases. But of course' date=' you are not a bigot ...

Why should the people or legislature decide who can get married? Good question. I suspect that for many here, a better question would be: "why should a person marry?" My answer to the first question would be because "the people" are the ones who are most effected and legislatures are representatives of the people. As to why people should marry (or not marry), the reasons will vary from individual to individual.

The problem is that many of our laws, at a state and national level, use the term "marriage" to bestow certain rights and obligations. To simply allow civil unions without bestowing those same rights and obligations is meaningless.

I'll say this again...stick up for equal rights for blacks, no one calls you black, defend equal rights for women and no one says "...oh you must be a woman..." stick up for what is right and just for any group, and no one accuses you of being a member of that group...but defend gays and watch the insults and accusations fly...shows that some people just can't help but go that route when all else fails and they are losing the argument.

... I've never heard of any anti-gay riots or gay lynchings either. But maybe I'm missing something.

Did Rev MLK say anything about having a dream where men married men and women married each other? I need to check my history books again.

:stirthepo

Actually, there have been a few anti gay riots, and a few gay riots, including the "White night fight" in SFO, and the "Stone Wall riots" (Which sparked the gay rights movement)

As for lynchings...plenty of gays have been lynched and or just plain beaten and or killed for being gay...

As for Dr. King, he spoke of all people, he did not exclude anyone I know of...

Archived