No ID Girls

jonjon058

I was in one of the well known bars in Nana a few weeks ago and had trouble finding a girl who had ID that she could show the receptionist at my hotel. I actually had to bring back one of the girls who lied and said she had ID when she didn't. Mama-san returned my barfine money and told me that only girls on one side of the bar would have ID and girls on the other side didn't. They could only go to the ST room inside Nana. So my question is, what age would that make those girls?

I was in one of the well known bars in Nana a few weeks ago and had trouble finding a girl who had ID that she could show the receptionist at my hotel. I actually had to bring back one of the girls who lied and said she had ID when she didn't. Mama-san returned my barfine money and told me that only girls on one side of the bar would have ID and girls on the other side didn't. They could only go to the ST room inside Nana. So my question is, what age would that make those girls?

35? :easter:

Interesting twist of affairs.

Certainly the age of the gal could be in question.

Or are these gals 'visiting' Bangkok from another country?

But as I recall, an ID was not that difficult to obtain. Has something changed?

under 18 they do have ID but are not allowed to work bar. There are many girls under 18 (over 15) in the bars.

And they would not be allowed to go to a hotel because of the risk of their age and place of employment getting to the police via a decent hotel clerk. Some careful bar owners may extend that to under 20, for the same reason.

No ID card? Run away. Fast!

FWIW, I do not think there are many non-Thais working in (at least) farang bars. Those places are too cliquish and generally all the gals are even from the same province. Methinks they'd not take kindly to "poachers" movining in on their territory and would take steps to make them go away.

Cheers,

SD

"No ID card? Run away. Fast!"

Agree. Too many chances for trouble and problems. And the possibility of going with/bringing back to your room an underage girl that could cause you severe problems, no matter how old she may say she is. If she has no ID there is a reason for it. Thais get their ID card at age 15. And there are plenty of choices out there with women that do have their ID card with them.

Archived