What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

I'm enjoying Black Sails, thanks Coss. Watched season 1 over a couple of nights. Good story but the characters are not the strongest, seems they need the good helpings of gratuitous sex to keep the interest level . Works for me. The chief whore come brothel madam is a fine piece by my reckoning.

Just starting season 2, not sure if it will be better or not as yet. I read that season 3 will be shown next year and they already booked for season 4. Definitely shows faith I guess.

Ray Donovan, just watched season 3 episode 7. Great series, 4-1/2 *. It would be 5 * but not enough gratuitous sex for me.

I'm also enjoying Vikings, well into season 2 now, another 4-1/2 *. Could easily be a 5 if they return to the copious sex scenes of the early episodes.

Red Headed Stranger

Willie Nelson, et al.

The old Western with a bit of a story line.

Now that I'm almost completed the book Willie wrote, the movie fell right into place.

OK, movie, worth a watch. From 1986 so no special effects but with this movie you don't need any.

*** 1/2

Catch My Disease ..... Not for everyone but I really enjoyed this.

"It's a feature documentary about pop music, spirituality, celebrity and the erosion of reality. A highly authored portrait of a charming, confounding, at times infuriating artist, Ben Lee: Catch my Disease is an acerbic yet profoundly intimate portrait of a unique child pop star who stepped through the looking glass of fame."

Catch My Disease ..... Not for everyone but I really enjoyed this. It's a feature documentary about pop music, spirituality, celebrity and the erosion of reality. A highly authored portrait of a charming, confounding, at times infuriating artist, Ben Lee: Catch my Disease is an acerbic yet profoundly intimate portrait of a unique child pop star who stepped through the looking glass of fame.

Do you write reviews for IMDB?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1632482/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Wilde - 1997 I think. I'm a fan of Oscar Widle, Stephen Fry and Jude Law. I'm also pro, anyone's sexual orientation.

But, being a confirmed Hetero, I found the self-congratulatory, dreamy-eyed sex scenes, between men, a little too much.

Jude Law shines however, even without the buttock shots. Stephen Fry and others put in very good performances.

I didn't know that Mr Wilde was a father, you learn something every day.

There was less of the legendary Wilde wit and more of the "look, men having sex!" than I was expecting. Worth a look.

I had a few gay Farang colleagues who really seemed to think they were superior to heteros because they loved to bumf*ck Thai boys. They even were shagging their own students. As a decidedly hetero Brit colleague remarked to me, "If we laid a hand on one of our female students, we'd be fired in a heartbeat." That sort of behaviour made me somewhat less open minded about gays in general. Keep your hands off of your students! (note: The male students were between 17 and 21, so it wasn't paedophilia. But FFS, they were still their students.)

p.s. Years ago I read a biography of Wilde, in which it claimed he'd caught syphilis from a prostitute in his uni student days. Back then the MDs couldn't cure it; it would go dormant only to reappear again years later. In Wilde's case, it flared up after he was married and a father. The biographer said Wilde stopped sleeping with his wife and was reluctant to risk to infecting any other women either. His sole gay relationship came after his marriage had fallen apart.

If that's true, I wonder how the gays who seem to regard him as a martyr would feel if they realised he turned to men because he was too "gentlemanly" to give a social disease to the "gentler sex".