Michael Jackson dead?

kamui

He was born in the slums of Gary, Indiana and went on to "have it all" and then to crash and burn in a very strange life style.

RIP.

I can could name a dozen rappers, singers and drug dealers that followed the same pattern. ;)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

50 is very young these days to have a fatal heart attack! :hmmm:

Wrong' date=' I know quite a few acquaintances who left us in similar conditions and less than 50.

And wasn't he a peadophile???

Garry Glitter got chastised for that and Michael Jackson gets praised? [/quote']

All Glitter had to do was sell a gazllion albums and walk backwards on stage. Simple, really.

Apologies, I'm a cynical mood today. I can be a b@st@rd at times.

Okay the 'real' questions that you are all too scared to ask.

Who gets the kids? Who gets Bubbles the Chimp? Who would want Bubbles the Chimp? Who gets the money? Is there even any money left? Who gets publising rights? Who will the rest of the family sponge off of? Who will take care of Tito and Marlon Jackson? Who will file the first (of many lawsuits and counter suits) 'Michael Jackson lawsuit' for his publishing rights, etc.? Who will play Michael Jackson in the movie version that a major studio will surely do to make some money off it (Usher maybe?)?

Guarantee fans will try and outdo each other in the grieving process. My fellow Americans above all others.

I will give the 'devil' his due. He was surely one of the few entertainers that made me marvel and even get a little tingly seeing him at his best.

Music is personal I think and no one can say this person is better than others. We may believe its mearsureable but at the end of the day we are all a result of our culture and psychological make up. So, music, art, etc. things that are subjective in tastes are just that.

That said, I would personally put MJ in that very rare category of uber, iconoclastic celebs that will be remembered for eons. Musicians that were known the world over and will be known long after they are gone and even by those who never heard their music much but know the name. Transcended music in name recognition and popularity.

My list is Sinatra, The Beatles, Elvis and now Michael Jackson.

Others would probably add Bob Marley, Rolling Stones, The Who, Barbara Streisand, Robbie Williams (hehe..a little joking to our Brit friends on here) but I wouldn't.

This ass wipe has always been starved for attention. There was some rumor about him dropping dead a few years back, and "his people" waited a few days before they commented on it.

Say sales were bad, or they just wanted more hype, they could whip up a story, then a few days/weeks later, wa la, all is well...the guy loved controversy, and deliberately made his own. No loss as far as I am concerned.

Nah, this time he's gone. For good.

I'm a bit shocked really.

Mixed feelings about him. He was the most famous person on the planet for a long time. The thriller album was awesome. But after, he'd kinda lost it....and then there was the having children stay in his bed thing....and the weirdness around his own children...i began to dislike him intensely at that point.

Overall sad, RIP.

Archived