Airport scam? Beware King Power Duty free shop

tartempion

Thai Police, posing as friendly strangers, posted all over town, telling lies and defrauding thousands of visitors.

That is not OK.

This is the crew at Soi 18 Soi 20.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29324583@N05/sets/72157618019269526/detail/

Gangs just like this are posted all over town,...at the MRT & BTS stops, Tourist spots, near hotels, shopping centers, ...anywhere you find a tourist.

The TukTuks and Taxies parked outside the hotels are all participating with the Police in this vast fraud against visitors.

Every other scammer in town is giving a free pass to do the same.

There is no way to stop them but the TAT could easily give a friendly warning to our visitors.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tourist Mafia controlling Thailand's main attractions, scammers operating in Temples, a network of cops telling lies to our guests, Police arresting us at the airport under false charges and providing a scam lawyer.

You think this shit is Ok you are out of your mind.

Obviously a lot of folks have the victim mentality. Par for the course nowadays I suppose. It's always someone else's fault innit?

Look, something is worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. Nothing more nor nothing less. So those who were "scammed" thought that those trinkets were worth it *to them* at the time of purchase. If it is not worth it to someone else, then so what? (just as a 90 min session at Eden is not worth it to me -- I've turned down freebies there -- but is to many others)

Just like a guy saying a girl is a beauty. many times I just grin and say "Ya, she sure is" when inside, I'm saying "bow wow wow." She's beautiful to him and that's all that should matter (hence I keep my opinion to myself).

Those who thought those goods were worth it when they bought them were happy. Why are they sad later? Because they had an alternative agenda (i.e., sell the items they "bought cheaply" at a profit). If they were just going to keep the items, they'd be happy. Since not, then som nam na, they turned a personal purchase into a business move and failed to do the due diligence.

Cheers,

SD

How would you feel if you porked a rel nice looking Thai lady only to find out her pussy felt like stick your dick into a hot dog bun?

Then how would you feel when you find out that lady used to wag a dick?

Scam? Deception?

In the USA, they say, "let the buyer beware".

Also, what the salespeople say, is not a "binding contract" but only an "offer to negotiate", thus one cannot say, the salespeople said this or that and have it stick in a court of law...IMO.

You are wrong about the USA commercial code. Making a materially false statement would void the contract and may subject the seller to a criminal charge of fraud. For example a salesperson can not tell you a 12 caret ring is 14 caret in order to induce you to buy it.

But I am 100% sure that it does not cover paying too much for a product as described...

Did the consumers get their rubies & emeralds? Yes, as described. Could they sell them for more than they paid for them? NO.

That's the issue here, plain and simple.

Any of y'all want to change my mind? Show me proof that someone got glass instead of semi-precious stones. Show me that they got something that was not on the cert provided by the shops. Legal case docs are fine. Then, and ONLY then, will I agree that it is a scam.

Otherwise, save your breath.

Cheers,

SD

I sell jewelry and have been to some of the gem 'scamming' stores. As far as I am concerned, these characters probably can sell a black cat as a white cat if they wanted to. The stores I have been to, had nothing of real value. In some cases they were selling synthetic as natural. In other cases they were selling low quality gems that had been treated, waxed and in some cases colored. Scam.

I bought some stuff from a legitimate dealer. The prices were cheap but when I cleaned a few of the pieces, the color and wax came off. This kind of stuff goes on all the time - even in the legitimate businesses but doesn't mean it is okay. Scam.

Some dealers sell sterling silver and several of the dealers get their silver from one manufacturer. That manufacturer can cut anybody's price. They have what looks like high quality merchandise but they are known for copying other people's jewelry and useing a lower grade of silver so as to make a greater profit. Scam.

Madoff was selling investments when there was no investments. So yes, that was a scam.

Not sure why you all cannot see the difference being selling something at a high price (even if you use elaborate techniques to make it appear to be worth more) versus selling something that is not something at all.

:dunno:

TH

Tourist Mafia controlling Thailand's main attractions, scammers operating in Temples, a network of cops telling lies to our guests, Police arresting us at the airport under false charges and providing a scam lawyer.

You think this shit is Ok you are out of your mind.

Errrr, where did I sat this was OK?...like nowhere!

Let the buyer beware was said long before we were around and still holds true.

All what you mention is not OK and it would be nice to see LOS correct this...but TIT, I will not be holding my breath waiting for something to happen.

Bargains can't be bought? Rather short sighthed of you Bust and heartless.

Of course bargains can be bought. As long as you know what you are buying. How is my comment heartless?

Archived