Airport scam? Beware King Power Duty free shop

tartempion

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the King Power scam even a scam? :dunno:

No one HAS to pay the Police, the interpreter or anyone else with their hand out. Surely they can have their day in court like everyone else.

Isn't it the buyers responsibility to check their receipt to see that they haven't been overcharged or even worse, not charged for products they brought to the counter and assumed they paid for?

:grinyes::stirthepo

So Bernie Madoff shouldn't have gone to Jail SD?

I was ignoring this thread cuz I'd made my point, but I also thought that people would not get it and had to say it AGAIN.

Bernie sold shit that was not legit and should be in jail. The Gem cunts in LoS are selling things that are as described (to my knowledge). The issue is the price that the consumer paid.

Once AGAIN -- apples & oranges.

Cheers,

SD -- doesn't like the gem cunts, but it is what it is

But I am 100% sure that it does not cover paying too much for a product as described...

Did the consumers get their rubies & emeralds? Yes' date=' as described. Could they sell them for more than they paid for them? NO.

That's the issue here, plain and simple.

Any of y'all want to change my mind? Show me proof that someone got glass instead of semi-precious stones. Show me that they got something that was not on the cert provided by the shops. Legal case docs are fine. Then, and ONLY then, will I agree that it is a scam.

Otherwise, save your breath.

Cheers,

SD[/quote']

I sell jewelry and have been to some of the gem 'scamming' stores. As far as I am concerned, these characters probably can sell a black cat as a white cat if they wanted to. The stores I have been to, had nothing of real value. In some cases they were selling synthetic as natural. In other cases they were selling low quality gems that had been treated, waxed and in some cases colored. Scam.

I bought some stuff from a legitimate dealer. The prices were cheap but when I cleaned a few of the pieces, the color and wax came off. This kind of stuff goes on all the time - even in the legitimate businesses but doesn't mean it is okay. Scam.

Some dealers sell sterling silver and several of the dealers get their silver from one manufacturer. That manufacturer can cut anybody's price. They have what looks like high quality merchandise but they are known for copying other people's jewelry and useing a lower grade of silver so as to make a greater profit. Scam.

If all that true, then yes, scam.

But that is NOT the main complain of the "Thai gem scam." This is why it is impossible to shut down. People buy legitimate semi-precious stones. The stores are certified and so are the stones. The problem is that they "pay too much." That's it. NOT a scam.

Cheers,

SD

The issue is a little more complicated than that. Even if you get the rubies and they match up with the certificate, that doesn't make the deal legal. The problem lies in the false claims these people make with regards to the resale value, or the fact that these gems are sold by "the government." And let's not forget about the 100% refund that will never happen.

Off course none of that will be printed on paper. These a-holes are too smart for that. Nevertheless, it is a false statement and therefor in direct violation of the thai consumer protection act. And that makes it illegal. Just read section 22...

That's all sales pitch. EVERY salesman in the world makes "optimistic" claims. That's their job FFS.

If you buy a used car in your home town, do you believe *everything* the sales guy says? Of course not. You vet the car with your own mechanic. This is NO different.

Cheers,

SD

How would you feel if you porked a rel nice looking Thai lady only to find out her pussy felt like stick your dick into a hot dog bun?

Then how would you feel when you find out that lady used to wag a dick?

Scam? Deception?

No not at all. My own fault. 100%. As the buyer, up to me to vet my purchase. Quite simple really.

Cheers,

SD

You are wrong about the USA commercial code. Making a materially false statement would void the contract and may subject the seller to a criminal charge of fraud. For example a salesperson can not tell you a 12 caret ring is 14 caret in order to induce you to buy it.

Agreed 100%. But that's NOT what's happening here. The folks who bought are pissed off that they cannot sell the stones for more than they paid for them in Farangland. That's it.

Cheers,

SD -- once AGAIN, no fan of the gem cunts, but people NEED to take responsibility for their stupidity

You are wrong about the USA commercial code. Making a materially false statement would void the contract and may subject the seller to a criminal charge of fraud. For example a salesperson can not tell you a 12 caret ring is 14 caret in order to induce you to buy it.

Agreed 100%. But that's NOT what's happening here. The folks who bought are pissed off that they cannot sell the stones for more than they paid for them in Farangland. That's it.

Cheers' date='

SD -- once AGAIN, no fan of the gem cunts, but people NEED to take responsibility for their stupidity[/quote']

I stopped at one place that was selling amber, huge pieces of raw amber at a relatively cheap price. These pieces of amber, in some cases, would be considered some of the largest pieces of amber in the world. They said the amber came from the Baltics and they had a graduate from a geology school who claimed it was real. The 'amber' came from China and it was synthetic. Hard to prove they were lying but I have seen that same type of amber in China - actually it is quite common.

Would misrepresentation be considered fraud?

Would selling synthetic as real be considered fraud?

Would committing several frauds on a regular basis be considered a scam?

Madoff was selling investments when there was no investments. So yes, that was a scam.

Not sure why you all cannot see the difference being selling something at a high price (even if you use elaborate techniques to make it appear to be worth more) versus selling something that is not something at all.

:dunno:

TH

I think the issue is *if* fraud and deception are used to make the sale. Such as a bait and switch type thing...

One of the main reasons I never bought stones in BKK is I have no clue what I am doing, and would most likely get taken...my fault as much as theirs?

Archived