Brit raped on Samui

Faustian

cent pretty much explained why the rape happened.

it was simply too tempting & trust me drunk white trash chicks in taxis back home are mainly begging for stuff like this to happen, but somehow it doesn't much - well apart from of course here if they replicate their irresponsible behaviour or their friends doesn't protect them :rolleyes:

shame really.

surely every girl with any wit in LOS knows this risk & would be hard pressed to put herself in such vulnerable situation - of course some do & not all drivers are freaks, but the stats are pretty obvious & unfortunately not much being done to stamp it out so be warned :rolleyes:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cent pretty much explained why the rape happened.

it was simply too tempting & trust me [color:red]drunk white trash chicks[/color] in taxis back home are mainly begging for stuff like this to happen, but somehow it doesn't much - well apart from of course here if they replicate their irresponsible behavior or their friends doesn't protect them :rolleyes:

shame really.

[color:red]surely every girl with any wit in LOS knows this risk[/color] & would be hard pressed to put herself in such vulnerable situation - of course some do & not all drivers are freaks, but the stats are pretty obvious & unfortunately not much being done to stamp it out so be warned :rolleyes:

How do you know that this was white trash? And if, do you make a distinction which girls deserve to be raped and which girls not?

And how does it be of any help for tourist that TGs know how to deal with taxis? Maybe I missed it, but until now I have never read a warning that women should not use cabs in LOS at night and especially not when drunk.

That is the old argument that if tourists don't know the rules, they deserve being scammed, attacked or even killed. First, I don't agree that someone deserves to become a victim of a crime (some minor scams aside, which are based on greed or complete lack of common sense), and secondly using a taxi when being drunk at night is the *recommended* thing to do in my country.

This case just shows that LOS isn't a safe tourist destination (anymore ?), especially not for those tourists who don't study travel guides before their trips for to learn about their holiday destination (probably most of the tourists)

A lot of farang women I see in LOS are out to make some sort of point or statement about how assertive they are, and how they are going to show the locals what is what...

A former Mrs Hippie and I met one such girl, MH was upset, as she over heard the guys "talk not nice, say a bad thing" about the girl, who was sure they were her pals...MH asked me to go tell her this, which I did...the girl got pissed and informed me that she could take care of herself...a few days later, we saw her, and she was telling us and another farang girl we encountered "...what assholes these guys are..." she did say she had a rough time with them.

Of course some here would think as long as the rapist can run to france and hide for a few years, that he should never have to pay for his crime...

Rape is a huge problem in Thailand. Happens all the time here. You don't read about it in the English language papers unless it ends up happening to a foreign woman... usually.

Up here in Surin the bastards target a woman riding alone on her motocyke. They follow her out to the outerlying areas of the city where it is more secluded. They'll then wait until no one is on the road and use their truck/car to drive her and her motocyke off the road. Once she is driven off the road they take her into the trees/bushes and rape her. They then leave her on the side of the road in the trees and drive off. Sometimes they will take her to a secluded place and rape her for hours, many men can be involved. If she fights it she is severely beaten, sometimes killed if one of the rapists is afraid she can identify him (or them) or the beating is too severe.

Lately I have heard it is store and restaurant staff that have late work hours that have been targeted. I myself believe there is a gang here doing this. I think one or more of these guys sees a girl working in a shop or restaurant/bar that strikes their fancy and they wait around and follow her. I think some women are stalked to see where they live and how they get home (to see if they drive in a secluded area that makes the crime easy for the rapist/s).

The standard here, the 'custom' if you will, is for a woman to be picked up after work (especially a night time job) by a family male: brother, cousin, nephew, father, boyfriend, husband, etc. You see it all the time. It is the usual behaviour here to protect the women in your family. Why? Because rape is very common here and the men know they need to protect their women from the scumbags. The women protect themselves by only going out at night in groups.

The thing is a woman alone here is almost seen as asking for it by going around alone at night (and seen as having an uncaring family to protect them). Even in the day time a woman walking, riding her bicycle, whatever, in a secluded area, is asking for trouble. Rape is a very common occurance/crime in Thailand. Warn any tourist women you meet here and explain that this is a huge problem in Thailand and to take precautions and be aware.

If it was possible to see statistics on the rape problem in Thailand I am sure it would be a huge shocking number (and that would just be the reported rapes, many go unreported for many reasons - one being the rapists telling the victim if they go to the police they will be killed). I hear about this again and again here. It is a prevelent problem here.

You want to know how bad it is? Ask a Thai woman you know. They'll tell you how bad it is.

Rape is a huge problem in Thailand. Happens all the time here. You don't read about it in the English language papers unless it ends up happening to a foreign woman... usually.

Up here in Surin the bastards target a woman riding alone on her motocyke. They follow her out to the outerlying areas of the city where it is more secluded. They'll then wait until no one is on the road and use their truck/car to drive her and her motocyke off the road. Once she is driven off the road they take her into the trees/bushes and rape her. They then leave her on the side of the road in the trees and drive off. Sometimes they will take her to a secluded place and rape her for hours, many men can be involved. If she fights it she is severely beaten, sometimes killed if one of the rapists is afraid she can identify him (or them) or the beating is too severe.

Lately I have heard it is store and restaurant staff that have late work hours that have been targeted. I myself believe there is a gang here doing this. I think one or more of these guys sees a girl working in a shop or restaurant/bar that strikes their fancy and they wait around and follow her. I think some women are stalked to see where they live and how they get home (to see if they drive in a secluded area that makes the crime easy for the rapist/s).

The standard here, the 'custom' if you will, is for a woman to be picked up after work (especially a night time job) by a family male: brother, cousin, nephew, father, boyfriend, husband, etc. You see it all the time. It is the usual behaviour here to protect the women in your family. Why? Because rape is very common here and the men know they need to protect their women from the scumbags. The women protect themselves by only going out at night in groups.

The thing is a woman alone here is almost seen as asking for it by going around alone at night (and seen as having an uncaring family to protect them). Even in the day time a woman walking, riding her bicycle, whatever, in a secluded area, is asking for trouble. Rape is a very common occurance/crime in Thailand. Warn any tourist women you meet here and explain that this is a huge problem in Thailand and to take precautions and be aware.

If it was possible to see statistics on the rape problem in Thailand I am sure it would be a huge shocking number (and that would just be the reported rapes, many go unreported for many reasons - one being the rapists telling the victim if they go to the police they will be killed). I hear about this again and again here. It is a prevelent problem here.

You want to know how bad it is? Ask a Thai woman you know. They'll tell you how bad it is.

Indeed, it is a huge problem. Ask any Thai BG how she lost her virginity...in my experience some 40-60% were raped by boys in their village when they were a teenager...or younger.

Yep, even Bangkok is dangerous for women. Indecent assaults, indecent exposure, being followed and harassed are seemingly commonplace. My girlfriend has been on the receiving end of such behaviour on many occasions. There do seem to be a rather large amount of Thai men with serious problems. Women don't bother to report such incidents, knowing full well the police are useless c*nts.

Hi,

"in my experience some 40-60% were raped by boys in their village when they were a teenager...or younger."

All one needs to do is look at some of the soaps. It is not at all uncommon to see a girl get raped (or very close to it) by the male star and then towards the end of the soap she madly falls in love with him and they marry.

Great role model that!

As for taxis, yep, my wife virtually never takes a taxi by herself, certainly not after dark. Interestingly enough when we discussed this once inside a taxi, the taxi driver agreed wholeheartedly with her.

Sanuk!

Remember the taxi driver knife attacks a few years ago? A Taiwanese woman journalist was one of the victims. I think 3 attacks were reported in the papers. All 3 victims were women who had picked up a taxi at Don Muang. As I recall, all 3 survived - but the assailant was never identified.

How many times have you taken a taxi and noticed the required driver's ID is not on display? And how many times have you noticed the card you do see does not match the driver?

Flash,

"And how many times have you noticed the card you do see does not match the driver?"

Plenty of times. Enough so I noticed this for sure and asked my wife once to ask the driver what was the scoop on this. He said he rented the taxi from his friend who had the license and that it is done all the time to maximize profits/income. Also said it was done when the true taxi-license holder wanted/needed a day off, or was sick, etc.

Archived