Is the board better or worse for having Non Thai News

CTO

I voted to allow all news.

Personally, I'd ban only US news as well. I'm pretty well aware what's going on in my own country anyway, whereas I find news items from other non-asian countries here that I might not otherwise become aware of.

But it does seem unfair to single out one country and, if I put myself in KS's shoes, banning topics only stifles conversation and should only be done as a last resort. So I say leave the current mess be.

I wouldn't mind if, when political threads get OTT, a drunken moderator would jump in and say, "I'm sick of this shit - thread closed (or even deleted) - but that's not KS's style. :)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"I wouldn't mind if, when political threads get OTT, a drunken moderator would jump in and say, "I'm sick of this shit - thread closed (or even deleted) - but that's not KS's style."

Maybe I should make Mekong a moderator? :)

Not too worried about the extra traffic as I do agree that especially US politics tend to bring out the worst in posters.

How about an alternative, all world news is allowed *except* political news which is only allowed if it is directly related to Thailand?

And any discussion on non-political news that turns towards politics gets shut down.

Sanuk!

PS Moved this to General Discussion.

I don't think things necessarily spill over from 1 forum to another. Example, HH and I disagree on many things regarding US politics. Yet we don bring it to other forums, and we are actually friends. Things will however spill over when they are relevant.

Additionally, certain things here become running jokes of sort. Often times, these jokes are the result of something someone posted about them self, and they become the brunt of it. Some people can take them, others can't. Some people are really good at giving it out, yet cannot take it. There have been more than a few people here who have gone back and re-opened threads that had been closed for weeks, or in some cases, months, just for the purpose of sparking an argument, or rekindling an old one. All this could happen regardless of topics posted or forums available.

Your bitching with YF is why I brought the topic up OH!!!

And it's not you two I know that I was referring too - another two posters one US one not who'll never meet - which is a pity as they'd get on great but have let politics get in the way of mongering

KS - close the other thread in news it's still open

Your bitching with YF is why I brought the topic up OH!!!

And it's not you two I know that I was referring too - another two posters one US one not who'll never meet - which is a pity as they'd get on great but have let politics get in the way of mongering

KS - close the other thread in news it's still open

My bitching with him? What about his bitching with me? Wouldn't have happened if he hadn't dug up a thread that had been dead for a few weeks... :neener: Guys bitch at each other all the time here, why are you so concerned with us 2? Is it because you are pals with both of us, and you want to build unity and brotherhood? or just a slow day in the village? :dunno::dunno:

Archived