Is the board better or worse for having Non Thai News

CTO

Have to be very honest - I find most of the non Thai news irritating and the "personalities" and their disputes spilling over into non news threads (see YF and OH recent arguments in night life for example)

Asian news I can agree with - but discussing US news seems a problem - Aussie UK European news doesn't seem to have the same effect but I think the board would be better off with out non asian news

Here's a poll on your thoughts

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mekong I agree 100% - but would be rude I guess - maybe - perhaps - kinda - to ban just US news - I'd go as far as saying it's only US politics that cause the problems - and frankly I think it harms people - I know two members who "hate" each other - never met - yet knowing both well I know they'd get on well sitting in a bar as long as politics didn't raise it's ugly head.

But that would never happen now as they have "opinions" about the the other arsehole :)

Why can't you vote?

I cannot vote, my option would be any news but United States.

I tend to agree. US news topics seem to drag on and on. The thread about Obama and the US healthcare system would be a good example. It seems to have ground to a halt now but there were 494 posts! If someone wants to post hundreds of times about an American topic then they should really join an American forum.

There are 100s of news and political blogs on the internet; I would rather this one to stay pure to Thai and Asian topics. I don't think I'm alone when I say I got really sick of that crap during the US elections. I tend not to even look at the news catergories very often.

JMHO S1

only thai/asian news works for me.

I can relate to those who say any news to get action on this at most times rather 'dead' board these days would be OK, but perhaps the lame non related news 'infights' is what stops many otherwise keen thai posters from posting?

tough call...

It may be rude to ban US News / Politics but conversley such topics bring out rudeness in certain people. In EU and Aussie based threads opinions seem to be civilised, th most extreme being Lazyphil waving his copy of the Daily Mail whilst screaming "Castrate the Bastards" wheras US threads seem to degenerate into a flamefest which continue for a few hundred posts.

The reason I could not vote was because the option was not available.

Archived