Is the board better or worse for having Non Thai News

CTO

I'm a bit shattered.

I never objected to debate or even the right of people to express the most extreme views.

It was the abuse and petty name calling that pissed me off, even more so when I lowered myself to join in.

And so we slide a little further down towards the ThaiVisa.com format. :dunno:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"And so we slide a little further down towards the ThaiVisa.com format."

No, I don't think so. Non-Thai politics really don't add anything to this board I think. It is after all a board about Thailand, and not a political discussion forum.

I also think that for most non-US people all the US politics were just plain boring (I know I feel that way); yet they require a disproportionate amount of moderation.

Sanuk!

I would like to keep the news scope on Thailand only.

I think it's fair to assume we all stay in touch with world news and the local news in our (former)home countries and that those news are discussed in other "forums". Personally I watch CNN all morning and then I follow NY Times and various EU news websites throughout the day so finding more of it on a Thai board just becomes redundant and at the time of posting, its old news already.

Hi,

Okay, new rule. No more non-Thai politics on the board.

I'll put a sticky in the non-Thai news forum.

Sanuk!

This is going to be interesting, veiled references to tall dark world leaders and she who can see Russkies from her bedroom will abound :surprised:

fat/overweight/obese posters should be banned, regardless which issue they care to comment on. except perhaps a dedicated "fat farm" thread.

fatties ruin this board, and the environment in general, while specific issues don't.

ban the porkers, not the issues!

We'll lose 95% of our members!!! :yikes:

Archived