Is the board better or worse for having Non Thai News

CTO

As I don't know much at all about US politics and it doesn't interest me, I just avoid the threads. I know the Obama/Healthcare thread has gone on and on, but I've never opened it once.

However, politics is interesting to discuss and interesting to read about.

Banning Thai political news isn't a good thing IMO. :(

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I find it exceedingly easy to avoid threads I have no interest in. Why are others, CTO in particular, unable to do the same? :dunno:

It takes a little bit of effort just to find the non-Thailand news section.

:twocents: I don't think anything should be banned unless it is illegal, immoral, or unethical.

If there is a good news story about a fruit cake bakery in San Francisco - then someone should post it. Why not?

If there is a good news story about a fruit cake bakery in San Francisco - then someone should post it. Why not?

Because this board is THAI360 not SF360, if you want to read about fruit cakes in SF then may I suggest you join a SF forum and stop poisioning this one.

Hi,

"And so we slide a little further down towards the ThaiVisa.com format."

No, I don't think so. Non-Thai politics really don't add anything to this board I think. It is after all a board about Thailand, and not a political discussion forum.

I also think that for most non-US people all the US politics were just plain boring (I know I feel that way); yet they require a disproportionate amount of moderation.

Sanuk!

Good point about the "disproportionate amount of moderation" required...I didn't think about that, but can agree.

fat/overweight/obese posters should be banned, regardless which issue they care to comment on. except perhaps a dedicated "fat farm" thread.

fatties ruin this board, and the environment in general, while specific issues don't.

ban the porkers, not the issues!

We'll lose 95% of our members!!! :yikes:

First trip to Thailand was in June. Just prior began taking a Thai language/culture course in LA (still am). People from the class gave me various sites as sources of information.

Thai360 was recommended (by several people). I still remember this one guy (who is probably reading this) telling me: "it's an excellent source of info. it's mostly these crusty old fat British dudes [i'm pretty sure this guy was lumping anyone with an 'other' English accent into the Brit category, e.g., Australia, New Zealand, South Africa (and of course all of United Kingdom).], but they put out a lot of fucking useful info."

To moderate, or not to moderate, the eternal forum question everywhere. Ha, good luck with that.

Ps. lets get those USA pricks! arrogant self-righteous bastards... the lot of them.

oh, wait, shit....

Colourwolf and shyguy - I wouldn't mind except the fights that start there fall out into other forums - so they should fuck off or just stay in non news - but they can't help themselves.

I wouldn't give a flying fuck as I rarely read the non thai news - avoid all USA news - I am a member of CommieFacist which is a mainly USA Left Vs Right discussion board - level of argument far higher than what little I've seen here.

In simple words I DO ignore it - however I get pissed of when it shows up in nightlife threads.

Did you even read my opening sentence before dribbling on the keyboard?

But that same argument can be made for several other sub-Forums. People can hold strong opinions about other subjects and "stalk" posters on other threads.

I did not see this getting out of control. The "barbs" are not dominating the threads. Remember the reason for the non-Thai sub-forum? I do and its creation has fulfilled its purpose.

I think KS has just increased the moderation effort with his decision, but it is his time to waste. ;)

Colourwolf and shyguy - I wouldn't mind except the fights that start there fall out into other forums - so they should fuck off or just stay in non news - but they can't help themselves.

I wouldn't give a flying fuck as I rarely read the non thai news - avoid all USA news - I am a member of CommieFacist which is a mainly USA Left Vs Right discussion board - level of argument far higher than what little I've seen here.

In simple words I DO ignore it - however I get pissed of when it shows up in nightlife threads.

Did you even read my opening sentence before dribbling on the keyboard?

Will this mean a pardon for rogueyam? he'll be a bit of a toothless tiger without US politics to expound upon.

He may even take an interest in whoremongering.

Oh well, it's an ill wind....

Archived