Non-Thai news revisited

khunsanuk

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KS said he was revisiting the topic to get a further balance of what people think. So we are letting thim know. Nothing wrong with that.

This came up once before, during the last election cycle (when things really were getting out of hand) and there was talk of banning US political news. But calmer and saner heads prevailed and the issue was dropped.

But here we go again. The censorship people just never seem to give up.

CTO is an awesome guy whom I like and admire...but he's wrong here.

It happens...I might have been wrong once or twice myself. Hard to remember,,,oh yeah, when I originally backed W's decision to go into Iraq.

Does no politics mean no more polls...because you have to vote in them?

The mention of Republican was in response to a post by Mekong and has nothing to do with CTO.

The point was about trying to ban people's freedom simply because you don't agree with them...such as the GOP does with abortion and several other social issues. Which is what Mekong was doing when he suggested that those of us who want to discuss these issues should fuck off to another board because he's not interested promoting the subject.

Also, interesting that Young Farangs (a righty) response to this issue in the non-Thai news board was to say he wouldn't read the site anymore. Which is in line with the conservative dogma of "Love it or leave it" My response, like most liberals is "Love it or work to change it to something you can love"

But I have never attacked CTO.

Again a political discussion, but this time a pseudo discussion about "freedom of speech". Just for those who might missed it: This is KS's board, it has the freedom KS agrees to, and we had all agreed to the rules when we signed up for the board.

This thread is not about freedom of speech at all, but how to deal with annoying political threads and if they should be kept or not. It's that simple.

From the Forum rules: :deal:

Finally, this is a Sanuk board that primarily deals with the 'fun' side of things Thai. All measures will be taken to ensure it remains so. If you have political, religious, or other 'issues' of a controversial nature that you need to preach about, there are more 'serious' boards out there that can accommodate you and your message. [color:red]Our goal here is to keep things light and fun.[/color]

If even this threads derails into a fight between right- and left wing US board members...

Archived