Why Americans vote against their own interests

robaus

...and that money from personal federal income tax goes to pay the PRIVATELY owned Federal Reserve their interest on the money that the US gov borrows from them! A system that will NEVER allow the US gov to get out of debt! Farkin stupid and unneeded!!!

Can anyone provide me any indication we will get out of this mess?

I don't see how.

All jingoistic bullshit aside' date=' where do we, the USA really stand? and how?[/quote']

People who are not united in some common causes will not succeed.

As a people, we can not even agree upon the common 'good' for the people. As a people, we are manipulated by common interest groups for their betterment - not ours.

Our government does not care about us. When oil companies were making record profits and gasoline was more then $5.00 a gallon, the government did nothing about it. Some families could not even heat their homes. The Government's response was [color:red]"So!"[/color] Because of this and other examples, the people are no longer loyal to the government.

The Government is corrupt and abusive. The 'fat cat' Government employees look at us as their servants - we aren't. The Patriotic Act and TSA's conduct are a disgrace. Homeland Security has too much power. Odd isn't it, all of these [color:red]'demons'[/color] came about under GWB's reign.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see how.

Steve...you don't know? Merely vote for Obama again in 2012. Hopefully, by then, change will have occured, "the path" should be well established and, as if by some miracle, all will be heavenly.

HH

True enough about lawyers though. I didn't realise the Reps weren't as heavy on legal beagles though.

Interesting biography of GWB here:

Link :)

I didn't realize that about the Republicans either (although, I just learned that Bush was rejected from the University of Texas law school before his family bought him into Harvard Business).

Haha. Thanks for link.

One of these days I'd be curious to get your take on the thrashing the swift-boaters gave Kerry compared to Bush, who was actually AWOL during Vietnam and, once again, used his family's wealth/influence to weasel out of accountability.

Ps. I don't think it's doomsday in America, but, in reference to opportunity it's not the best time if your feet are still itching. Might want to postpone a year or two (or not).

True enough about lawyers though. I didn't realise the Reps weren't as heavy on legal beagles though.

Interesting biography of GWB here:

Link :)

I didn't realize that about the Republicans either (although' date=' I just learned that Bush was rejected from the University of Texas law school before his family bought him into Harvard Business).

Haha. Thanks for link.

One of these days I'd be curious to get your take on the thrashing the swift-boaters gave Kerry compared to Bush, who was actually AWOL during Vietnam and, once again, used his family's wealth/influence to weasel out of accountability.

Ps. I don't think it's doomsday in America, but, in reference to opportunity it's not the best time if your feet are still itching. Might want to postpone a year or two (or not).[/quote']

I find that whole account about Kerry and Bush to be very interesting. Even today, some people consider GWB's military record to be what mility records should be. [color:red]What?[/color]

Guest HonoluluJimmy

I AM AN AMERICAN! I do feel cheated in that medicare is not offered to me as a Thai resident.

However the cost of med care is very low in Thailand and I go to Bangkok Phuket Hospital and pay, pang mahk. I had Kaiser in Honolulu and it was small copay, pretty small. The insurance I have now is major medical, pay after my first 2,000USD spent here. I have BPH best health care program and have had some services other than the routine. Costs, pretty low. As to the meds the Kaiser copay is only a bit lower than buying my normal meds at BPH. I chose to pay more to feel better that I'm getting quality drugs at BPH. If I have a need for major hospital visit my account there will charge my U.S. credit card and then process the papers off to my insurance in the U.S. The U.S. health care is set to electronic payment to my Merrill Lynch Account and tis all done. I've a n on intgerest account with ML as a perk for the account level. Medicare, don't need it.

Alot of Dems are lawyers and alot of Republicans are business people.. Who do you want running your country. lawyers of business people. Lawyers get what you think is your way, Business people keep us rich!

I don't see how.

Steve...you don't know? Merely vote for Obama again in 2012. Hopefully' date=' by then, [u']change[/u] will have occured, "the path" should be well established and, as if by some miracle, all will be heavenly.

HH

Hahaha,

It might even happen, that the GOP will win the next election, even though (or because?) Palin is on the ticket. She would almost probably the most anti-elitist president ever:

un-traveled

un-educated

un-interested in the world

and an extremely narrow worldview based on the ideology of right wing christians.

:content:

<< One of these days I'd be curious to get your take on the thrashing the swift-boaters gave Kerry compared to Bush, who was actually AWOL during Vietnam and, once again, used his family's wealth/influence to weasel out of accountability. >>

The swift boaters were over the top and had a political agenda. The Republicans used them.

Nevertheless, I consider John Kerry a scumbag of the highest degree. Everything he did was with an eye on a political future. Hell, he even let folks in Boston think he was a fellow Irishman - when his grandparents' name had been Kahn and they were Austrian Jews. I tried for a Navy commission: they weren't taking anyone. But at the same time JK waltzed into the Navy with his Skull & Bones and got a commission ASAP. A buddy and I rescued a wounded man (sucking chest wound!) under artillery fire. The 1SG saw it and said we deserved a Silver Star. No way they'd give that to an E-3 and E-4., and even a BS and AC(V) were rejected. I saw the note attached (written in red ink by an SP/5): "Sir, all they done was their duty." Good old John Kerry got a couple of gongs hung on him for the same sort of thing, plus he got PH's for dings we wouldn't even have reported. Shall we talk about Kerry's miraculous 4-month tour of duty vs mine of 13 months? Hell, even Al Gore did six months in RVN.

In short, John Kerry is not fit to be CiC. Neither was GWB, another Skull & Bonehead. Try comparing their military records with Gerald Ford, Bob Dole, Papa Bush or even JFK (who managed to get his PT boat cut in half by a destroyer and escape a court martial. Clinton fiddled with ROTC to delay his induction until he could leave the country, then quit. What wonderful leaders we have. :(

p.s. But at least Hillary has served under sniper fire! :beer:

I don't see how.

Steve...you don't know? Merely vote for Obama again in 2012. Hopefully' date=' by then, [u']change[/u] will have occured, "the path" should be well established and, as if by some miracle, all will be heavenly.

HH

Hahaha,

It might even happen, that the GOP will win the next election, even though (or because?) Palin is on the ticket. She would almost probably the most anti-elitist president ever:

un-traveled

un-educated

un-interested in the world

and an extremely narrow worldview based on the ideology of right wing christians.

:content:

[color:red]If Sarah Palin runs for President - I probably will vote for her.[/color] Everything is a joke anyways!

How long will it take her to get the country in the black, taxes lowered to almost zero, and a new car in everybody's driveway?

[color:red]Say........ 3 weeks 2 days....... and then she will quit and go rogue lie rogueyam[/color].

<< One of these days I'd be curious to get your take on the thrashing the swift-boaters gave Kerry compared to Bush, who was actually AWOL during Vietnam and, once again, used his family's wealth/influence to weasel out of accountability. >>

The swift boaters were over the top and had a political agenda. The Republicans used them.

Nevertheless, I consider John Kerry a scumbag of the highest degree. Everything he did was with an eye on a political future. Hell, he even let folks in Boston think he was a fellow Irishman - when his grandparents' name had been Kahn and they were Austrian Jews. I tried for a Navy commission: they weren't taking anyone. But at the same time JK waltzed into the Navy with his Skull & Bones and got a commission ASAP. A buddy and I rescued a wounded man (sucking chest wound!) under artillery fire. The 1SG saw it and said we deserved a Silver Star. No way they'd give that to an E-3 and E-4., and even a BS and AC(V) were rejected. I saw the note attached (written in red ink by an SP/5): "Sir, all they done was their duty." Good old John Kerry got a couple of gongs hung on him for the same sort of thing, plus he got PH's for dings we wouldn't even have reported. Shall we talk about Kerry's miraculous 4-month tour of duty vs mine of 13 months? Hell, even Al Gore did six months in RVN.

In short, John Kerry is not fit to be CiC. Neither was GWB, another Skull & Bonehead. Try comparing their military records with Gerald Ford, Bob Dole, Papa Bush or even JFK (who managed to get his PT boat cut in half by a destroyer and escape a court martial. Clinton fiddled with ROTC to delay his induction until he could leave the country, then quit. What wonderful leaders we have. :(

p.s. But at least Hillary has served under sniper fire! :beer:

When are they going to make a movie of GWB's military career?

Archived