Seh Daeng reported wounded

Sporty

Seh Daeng was a mad man and terrorist but at least he got courage and fought in the first row.

I'll give him that credit indeed. I apologize for my "coward" remarks before. He was not. But yes, he was a mad man & a terrorist and the world is better off without him.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe - but we lower ourselves when we approve such actions, hold ourselves to a higher standard, we'll be lonely, but it can shine a light.

Those wishing death think hard, killing one man will lead to more as I have seen do far, what do we say to Nelson, SD's drinking buddy? His accident wouldn't have happened had not Sah Daeng, a dick to be sure, had been shot;

Leaders lead. The troops will follow a leader and show as much courage as the leader shows, in the best of times.

Leaders that run away to safe houses (like the PM) give a poor example to their followers.

Whatever one might think about Seh Daeng, he was in uniform, openly walking about among his followers. This guy had power! A PM hiding...make your our determination...

Good, bad, smart, stupid, just the fact Seh Daeng chose to be a stand up guy is impressive, IMO.

I was on record at day one that the PM should have been standing tall and taking the lead to settle the protest...instead he chose to hide out in a safe house! Puzzy!!!

If he was a real leader he would have lead this mess to a more peaceful conclusion, IMO.

Agree totally, he has had plenty of chances, as commentators pointed out, by giving in a little he won a lot,

BUT

Reality is - he isn't his own master, but answers to others,

Sad as he could be good.

Meanwhile, those red leaders don't seem to be hiding anywhere near as much as many here claim, and who runs this show? Yellow people keep saying Thaksin, yet obviously, people have their own ideas,

OOOPS

That ain't democruntic

Easier said then done, but for me, setup a round table in the middle of Rama 4, call out the protesters and have a chat. Chat until it is settled! Maybe have no chairs so no one sits down as standing usually lends itself to short and productive meetings.

Cover the issues and stay on one issue until it is settled (normal negotiation tactics), don't let either party jump all over the map, keep focused.

When an issued is agreed upon, make sure all parties are true to their word and the agreement.

Once again, easier said then done, but could have positive results.

Archived