Seh Daeng reported wounded

Sporty

There are considerable sums being donated by private citizens in the North, I seriously doubt Thaksin is footing all of the bill.

Agreed that expenses would be covered and there's enough talk of "wages" to make me suspect that some are being paid.

Like all "anti-establishment" protest there are plenty of rumours started to discredit participants. One only has to see the amount of work the corporate media puts into slagging off the environmentalist/anti-globalisation crowd.

It's a war out there with no prisoners taken.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Khattiya in critical but stable condition

10:23am

A doctor from Vajira Hospital revealed this morning that Maj Gen Khattiya Sawasdipol, also known as Seh Daeng, is still in a critical but stable condition.

Seh Daeng - a supporter of convicted former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra - receives regular antibiotic treatment. No visitor is allowed except his daughter.

He was shot in the head on Thursday night as security forces surrounded the six-week anti-government rally site at Bangkok's Ratchaprasong commercial district.

Link

Leaders lead. The troops will follow a leader and show as much courage as the leader shows, in the best of times.

Leaders that run away to safe houses (like the PM) give a poor example to their followers...

Well if you title Abhisit a coward. What about Thaksin then? He fled the country long time and just spreads hatred with his phone ins. Instead of returning and to lead the red hordes once the fight will start as he vowed, his whole family left including relatives left the country. I am not aware that anybody of Abhisit left the country.

So who is the real coward?

A common theme throughout most of these posts is that Seh Daeng deserves respect for being fearless.

I'm not in that camp, as it seems to me he was foolhardy.

Should we admire people that might have a physical disposition to not fear, or perhaps not feel any emotions? There are such people, and their traits seem to be physical, 'hard-wired' so to speak.

One type is where some feel absolutely no different telling a lie or telling the truth.

(I know there used to be some psychologists or psychoanalysts on this board and I'm sure they can explain better than me.)

A fictional account.... the movie "The Hurt Locker". One of the main characters gets a kick out of doing dangerous things that no one else would do. So is he to be admired? This seems very similar to Seh Daeng. Minutes before he was shot he was bragging that no one could get him, etc etc.

I was on record at day one that the PM should have been standing tall and taking the lead to settle the protest...instead he chose to hide out in a safe house! Puzzy!!!

If he was a real leader he would have lead this mess to a more peaceful conclusion, IMO.

Just Like GW Bush, Obhama, Blair and Brown did in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Sorry Cav sometimes you are so full of shite I am surprised that you are not overcome by the fumes from your own colostomy bag.

Then again maybe you are and thats your excuse for comparing apples and pears. :neener:

If I was Commander in Chief, and if my top General insisted on leading the troops into battle, in the front, without protective gear, etc etc, so that he can prove he's fearless and wants to rally the troops, well, I would replace him immediately because obviously he doesn't have the smarts to do the job.

(but left to his own devices, he won't last long anyway!)

Archived