Are prices down?

Patella

Actually, regardless how things are supposed to work (prices go down) or how a patronage system affects it (prices up), the market trumps all, and if the customers are not part of the patronage system, which they're not, it's going to all be determined by cash flow. And that all comes from abroad, the purse strings controlled 100% by foreigners. If customers don't come for a sustained period of time, either prices will come down some, which there'll be plenty of pressure for as girls become more desperate to make any income OR they'll keep them high and the scene will probably contract since surely fewer will travel all the way to Thailand to take part in a smaller scene that's as expensive as home. Then again, reputation counts for a lot, so surely many will still come, and will still pay, and pay whatever is asked.

My gut says these 2 forces are going to cancel each other out and lead to prices staying around the same overall, or else the same slow incremental increases we've seen the past few years. Main factor is gonna be the economic recovery worldwide (or lack thereof, stay tuned), and not anything inside Thailand.

For awhile, you'll probably see some raising prices while others lower. Like maybe FL will get cheaper as gogos raise prices -- and then the FL scene might expand while gogos contract, maybe... Remains to be seen how it will shake out.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said guys returning in the last few days are reporting lower prices for L/T and S/T. As for the haves helping the have nots in dire times, it seems more likely that the haves would exploit the bad times and fatten their nests.

Oh...okay. So we aren't really talking about the P4P scene exclusively...and the "haves" aren't shelling out big baht out of generosity or being philanthropic. They're looking for something back later. I can imagine that scenario just about any place other than SC or Nana Plaza or any other redlight venue.

HH

See, that's the Western thought. The haves in Asia help out in the weak times because they want the poor to be indebted to them. Think of it as The Godfather, the wedding scene.

Yes, and I hardly call this "helping" at all. Seems western thought and Thai thought are 1 in the same.

I would also add, that I think this practice extends well beyond Thailand...in the USA when jobs and times are tough, they start squeezing the workers, taking pensions, benefits salary etc...been my experience anyway... :(

Archived