Palin Backs Anti-Masturbation Candidate

temfarang

(3) Interest in evangelical Christianity.

People who believe in the literal word of the Bible and get into evangelical Christianity are, on average, less intelligent than mainline Protestants.

(4) No intellectual hobbies.

Smart people have intellectual hobbies. Sarah likes to hunt moose.

(4) Proleness

I find this to be the most compelling indicator that Sarah’s IQ isn’t much higher than the minimum required to graduate from the University of Idaho. Social class is highly correlated with IQ. This correlation is much higher than the correlation between income and IQ or between income and class.

Both of Sarah’s parents are school teachers, the quintessential middle class jobs, but Sarah has clearly sunk to prole. Her husband hasn’t graduated from college, Track is not going to college, and Bristol gives no indication of being college-bound. Track getting arrested, and Bristol getting pregnant at 17 are markers of being prole rather than middle class.

Sinking in class below one’s parents tends to indicate having a lower IQ than one’s parents, which is why I have a hard time believing that Sarah’s IQ is any higher than 110.

Link

You know I think you're a sharp guy Flash. But it's pieces like this (along with the multitude of insipid attacks that have become ubiquitous) which make me want to defend Palin.

If it wasn't for the Evangelical influences she wants to bring.... bah, nevermind.

Anyway, I think history will treat her as an interesting political phenomenon and powerful persona -- not an intellectual but not an idiot. The article above could be summed up in two words: pretentious bullshit. Even though it's trolling and sarcastic -- it strikes me that the mean-spiritedness there is sincere.

I wonder what the author's IQ indicators would say about a person who didn't know that 5 came after 4?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(3) Interest in evangelical Christianity.

People who believe in the literal word of the Bible and get into evangelical Christianity are' date=' on average, less intelligent than mainline Protestants.[/u']

(4) No intellectual hobbies.

Smart people have intellectual hobbies. Sarah likes to hunt moose.

(4) Proleness

I find this to be the most compelling indicator that Sarah’s IQ isn’t much higher than the minimum required to graduate from the University of Idaho. Social class is highly correlated with IQ. This correlation is much higher than the correlation between income and IQ or between income and class.

Both of Sarah’s parents are school teachers, the quintessential middle class jobs, but Sarah has clearly sunk to prole. Her husband hasn’t graduated from college, Track is not going to college, and Bristol gives no indication of being college-bound. Track getting arrested, and Bristol getting pregnant at 17 are markers of being prole rather than middle class.

Sinking in class below one’s parents tends to indicate having a lower IQ than one’s parents, which is why I have a hard time believing that Sarah’s IQ is any higher than 110.

Link

You know I think you're a sharp guy Flash. But it's pieces like this (along with the multitude of insipid attacks that have become ubiquitous) which make me want to defend Palin.

If it wasn't for the Evangelical influences she wants to bring.... bah, nevermind.

Anyway, I think history will treat her as an interesting political phenomenon and powerful persona -- not an intellectual but not an idiot. The article above could be summed up in two words: pretentious bullshit. Even though it's trolling and sarcastic -- it strikes me that the mean-spiritedness there is sincere.

I wonder what the author's IQ indicators would say about a person who didn't know that 5 came after 4?

I think History will treat her the way they treat George Wallace...relevant for a few extreme things.

...not an intellectual but not an idiot. The article above could be summed up in two words: pretentious bullshit...

Dave, I usually like your stuff, but you're a-swinging and missing here. She's an idiot, she's an idealogue, and has shown that she has no interest in bettering her brain capability. But then again, why should she because the sheeple are giving her millions to be just that. It pays to be stupid in America -- you just need good marketers.

I find it is not pretentious to call a duck a duck. That's all the article is doing. Maybe pointless to bother writing it and trying make it sound all scientific, but hardly pretentious. Refreshingly direct, I'd call it.

Jest fer Cav ... :D

Better to cast your seed

A commonly referenced proverb to highlight the evils of masturbation frequently mistaken as a biblical admonition is typically phrased as: "It is better to cast your seed in the belly of a whore than to spill it on the ground."

[color:red]The fact is, though, this is not anything to be found in the pages of Scripture.[/color]

We get this question fairly often and have been trying to track down the origin of the saying, but alas, with no luck. While not certain of the phrase's exact origin, it does seem to be a false extrapolation of Genesis 38 and the story of Onan, Tamar and Judah.

According to Ancient Near Eastern culture, it would have been the responsibility of Onan to impregnate his dead brother's wife that his brother's line might continue. Selfishly, Onan did not wish any of his offspring to bear any name other than his own; and so while he did, in fact, take up the responsibility of sexual relations with his brother's wife, he would not ejaculate inside her but instead practiced the withdrawal method of birth control. God punished Onan for his wickedness and greed by putting him to death (and not, as is popularly believed, for masturbating).

The rest of the narrative features the wife, Tamar, posing as a prostitute and seducing Onan's father, Judah. By him, she conceives and bears a son from whom Christ would descend. And God does not strike Judah or punish him in any way in the narrative.

So it appears that some cynic had taken the veneer of the tale and crafted a wry commentary that has come to be known as actual Scripture (unfortunately).

In the end, the admonition is far from biblical and has nothing to do with masturbation.

:wanker:

Link

LK...you're raining on my parade, so to speak :neener:

Archived