Palin Backs Anti-Masturbation Candidate

temfarang

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The churches I've been a member didn't do the talking in tongues stuff but I've visited plenty of churches where its been. I'm a 'church boy'. Been raised in baptist churches my whole life. Seen a lot of stuff, so that's not surprising or shocking to me.

So, for me and I would assume a whole of lot of southerners (black and white) its not a big deal. As well as most blacks.

That said, the antisemitic stuff is very 'anti Christian' and runs contrary to the pentecostal belief. They are zionists, fervently, because it will fulfull prophecy.

Furthermore, I recall being taught specifically the scriptures that that regarding the Jews the passages that said God telling the Jews "....those that bless you, I will bless them, those that curse you, I will curse them..." every church I ever went preached that.

I can certainly see how the laying of the hands stuff can completely turn off some folks to not vote for the person. For those that attend church, even the ones that don't believe in that all and go to the more mundane, its not an issue.

Mixing religion and politics is enough for me to dismiss her outright. Bush did it. When politicians do that the Constitution ALWAYS loses out. In fact they break their own word. They swear to their God to honor it but when a choice has to be made between their beliefs and their sword duty they do the former.

With Obama - he had been going to the same church for years, listening to the preacher's anti-white rants, saying God damn the USA etc. That's giving your opponents needless ammunition. As a politician, he should have been thinking about that. Can you imagine the furor if a white candidate belonged to a church with a preacher that made anti-black comments?

p.s. The LDS Church president had a "revelation" some years back that God had seen the errors of His ways and lifted the curse on black folks, so Mit Romney is safe. :rolleyes:

Archived