Palin Backs Anti-Masturbation Candidate

temfarang

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hell, they don't have to. There is a reason Goldwater got trounced in 1964. Americans do not do crazy extremism. It will take care of itself.

Especially now that the GOP has doubled-down on the crazy and is financially supporting the TeaPartiers who won the primaries. I was loving life this morning reading that the RNC has now given O'Donnell money and support, while their 30+ year veteran (whom they previously supported) who lost refused to endorse her. :rotl::rotl::rotl:

I remember the 1964 election quite well, since I was a university student. Goldwater himself was a fine man and not really that far right. But some of the strangest creatures crawled out from under rocks and from inside the woodwork to support him - Golum's cousins maybe. I saw Bircher literature that asked if Goldwater was really a conservative. He was far too left for them!

Palin, Tea Party are not viewed favorably by most Americans

Sarah Palin may have a magic touch with candidates she endorses, but nearly half of American voters aren't impressed by the former Republican vice presidential candidate.

The Tea Party isn't a hit with voters, either, a new poll finds.

[color:red]Just 21% of those asked have a favorable view of Palin, according to a CBS News/New York Times poll, which also found that 19% support the Tea Party.[/color]

Despite drawing large, raucous crowds wherever she speaks, the number of voters who view Palin unfavorably rose six points since August to 46%.

Meanwhile, 33% say they are undecided on Palin or don't know enough about her positions.

Still, Palin's endorsements seem to matter.

So far this primary season, Palin has backed 43 candidates and 25 of them have won, 11 have lost, with the rest not having had a primary race.

Most recently, she helped lift Republicans Christine O'Donnell and Kelly Ayotte to Senate primary wins in Delaware and New Hampshire, respectively.

However, two in three voters say Palin is just looking for attention with her endorsements, according to the poll.

The former Alaska governor has not said whether she will run for president in 2012. However, a poll from last month shows 59% of the country thinks she would be an ineffective commander-in-chief.

As for the Tea Party, 63% do not support it, though voters who are familiar with the party are more divided.

The poll finds 29% have an unfavorable view, opposed to 23% who see the party in a favorable light.

Still, Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.), a champion of the Tea Party, thinks the budding political movement can be a force in Washington.

"The Tea Party represents a broad cross-section of the American people," DeMint told NBC's "Today."

"You can't change Washington unless you change people who are here," DeMint said. "People are ready to throw out the bums."

Link

Bill Maher digs up O'Donnell 'witchcraft' clip

WASHINGTON – Another unfavorable decade-old television clip of tea party favorite Christine O'Donnell has emerged, this time with the Delaware GOP Senate candidate saying she "dabbled in witchcraft."

The clip spread among websites as O'Donnell canceled appearances Sunday on two national news shows. Her campaign said she had to back out of the programs because of scheduling conflicts with events in Delaware.

Since O'Donnell's upset of nine-term Rep. Mike Castle, opponents have unearthed unflattering age-old television clips. The most recent was aired by comedian Bill Maher, who dug up one of O'Donnell's appearances on his "Politically Incorrect" show in 1999.

The context of what led to her comments is not clear, and O'Donnell is laughing while she talks.

[color:red]"I dabbled into witchcraft. I never joined a coven," she said. " ... I hung around people who were doing these things. I'm not making this stuff up. I know what they told me they do," she said.[/color]

[color:red]"... One of my first dates with a witch was on a satanic altar, and I didn't know it. I mean, there's little blood there and stuff like that," she said. "We went to a movie and then had a little midnight picnic on a satanic altar."[/color]

Maher said on "Real Time with Bill Maher" that he has more clips of O'Donnell and will continue to air them until she appears on his show.

Her campaign didn't immediately return a telephone message Saturday, but she has in the past dismissed her previous comments.

O'Donnell had been set to appear on "Face the Nation" on CBS and "Fox News Sunday."

Campaign spokeswoman Diana Banister cited scheduling conflicts and said O'Donnell needed to return to Delaware for commitments to church events and an afternoon picnic with Republicans in a key county where she has solid backing.

"The priorities are back in Delaware," Banister said. "Those are people who supported her, who were very helpful to her in the campaign, and she feels obligated to be there and thank them."

Banister said she was unaware of the previous commitments when she booked O'Donnell for the shows. She said she canceled with Fox News late Friday and with CBS early Saturday.

"We felt really bad," she said, adding the campaign apologized profusely for canceling at the last minute. Banister said O'Donnell would be pleased to appear on any Sunday news shows in the future.

On Friday, O'Donnell made her first national appearance since her primary upset in Washington at an annual Values Voters Summit. Appearances on the news shows would have furthered her national exposure.

Fox News had booked O'Donnell on Thursday. Marty Ryan, executive producer of "Fox News Sunday," said in a statement that the campaign canceled late Friday, saying she was exhausted and returning to Delaware.

"On Saturday morning, O'Donnell called us and said: 'I got triple-booked. I had been invited to go to church and then a picnic. I have to keep my priorities to Delaware voters,'" Ryan said. "The invitation to have her appear on the show remains open."

Banister said the decision was solely a scheduling issue and not because O'Donnell wasn't prepared to go on the programs.

However, the cancellations reflect a campaign of about six staffers trying to keep up after being thrust into the national spotlight. Banister said many requests are pouring in and the campaign needs a scheduler and additional aides.

Separately, "Face the Nation" host Bob Schieffer said that program received an e-mail Saturday morning canceling O'Donnell's appearance without explanation. But the campaign later called to say that O'Donnell had some campaign events.

"I can't remember when anybody has canceled on us on a Saturday, but there's always a first," he said. "If she can work it in sometime, we'll be happy to have her."

Link

Yes & no. The Dems had written off that state; Castle held a seat for 30 years and was considered unbeatable, so why bother spending time/money there? Now that the nutbag has won, any Dem that can fog a mirror can and will win. So pointing out to the people just who the opposition is is good strategy.

I was surprised to hear from home that a popular first term Blue Dog Democrat Congressman who finally had enough of Pelosi and switched parties has LOST the Republican nomination for his own seat! An absolute yoyo edged him out by 18 votes. Looks to me like the Tea and Strumpets folks have guaranteed another Democratic victory. I'm hearing from Republican friends that will have to bite the bullet and vote for the Democrat.

The Tea Baggers remind me of the whackos that took over the Republican national convention when Goldwater was nominated. You not old enough to remember it, but they hooted and shouted down leading Republican figures like Nelson Rockefeller. Poor Goldwater was practically begging them to behave and let the convention proceed, but they wouldn't. Those idiots did a lot towards turning away even more voters from the Republican national ticket.

Archived