Palin Backs Anti-Masturbation Candidate

temfarang

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its all about the relgious element. The religous and social conservatives say they are fiscally conservative but I guarantee that if someone proposed millions to advocate celebacy they'd suupport it 100% no matter if the economy was bad. Its all BS. Kemp was what was called a 'Rockerfeller Republican' who their more conservative brethren called 'Democrats in Repubican clothing'

In comparison' date=' Quayle was presidential. Too bad he didn't come up with some shtick to get him a Nobel Peace Prize or something.

[/quote']

In fact, I think a lot of the right hide behind social issues. I used to like the Republican party a lot. At least the faction of it that were focused on fiscal issues and not social. Jack Kemp was one of my favorites. He had some very innovative ideas. One of which was a very 'unrepublican' idea about public housing.

I went to an international affairs dinner at Indiana University in the 90s (I thought I was headed to law school). This was after Clinton was elected. I had a low opinion of Republicans, viewed them as quasi-fascist war and greed mongers - and this was BEFORE Bush (of the junior varietal, actually have a teensy bit of respect for the father now, compared to the son that is).

Anyway, the speaker was William F Buckley Jr. A handful of students, that I was with, tried to heckle him initially - he just smiled and gave thoughtful answers. Very deliberate speaker, nothing canned. And treated the students courteously, even the assholes. Definitely gained my respect. I don't agree with him on a lot, but he was an honorable and hyper-intelligent guy -- began reading his editorials after that.

Like everyone else I'm cynical today. Not a lot of honorable guys left. Maybe there never was.

But, in true clueless fashion, still hope for the best.

Buckley was a fantastic speaker. It wasn't so much what he said as the way he said it. I remember watching him interview George Corley Wallace on his TV show. Buckley had Wallace completely frustrated and finally reduced to calling Buckley a damnyankee. Buckley quietly pointed out that although he was born and raised in New York, his family were Texans and both of his grandfathers had served in the Confederate Army. Wallace was considered a good speaker, but Buckley made him look tongue tied. :beer:

<< In Tuesday's Delaware primary, the tea party movement may inflict its most devastating wound yet to the Republican establishment.

[color:red]With an assist from Sarah Palin, tea party activists in Delaware are trying to defeat the Republican candidate with the best chance to win Joe Biden's old Senate seat and nominate instead a candidate Republican leaders say has no chance of winning the general election in November.[/color] :surprised:

Rep. Mike Castle is considered a slam dunk to capture Joe Biden's old Senate seat. Castle is a pro-abortion rights, pro-gun control Republican who often works with Democrats. Those traits have helped make him the most popular Republican in a state that leans heavily Democratic; Castle has twice been elected governor and was elected as Delaware's sole representative in the House nine times.

But Castle's moderate politics have enraged tea party activists and given Christine O'Donnell an opening.

... >>

Tea party poopers ....

Go TeaBaggers!!!! The more nutbags they get elected in the primary is more seats the Dems keep or pick up. Real Americans don't do batshit crazy, so *will* come out (when otherwise they may have stayed home) to keep them from winning.

The Dems have had factions splitting them for years. Now it is the GOPers turn. Sweet.

<< The 39-year-old Davison, currently unemployed apart from his $260-a-month salary for the part-time work he puts in as a councilman in Minerva County, Ohio, also told TPM that his ultimate political vision was to expand the GOP to encompass the louder, more extreme factions of the party.

"I think it's time we form a radical branch of the Republican Party," Davison said, according to TPM. "We need to embrace diversity and include people who are frustrated with government, who truly want to make a change."

In a separate interview with Politico, Davison said his impromptu rise to fame came as a complete surprise.

"It's shocking. I don't know what to say. I'm speechless," Davison told Politico. "I was emotional last night. I'm truly passionate about what I believe in."

And, as Davison intimated during his original speech, he would not apologize for his tone.

"If I had to give it again, I would give it again. I didn't mean to offend anyone -- that's the last thing I wanted to do. I want to be inclusive," he told Politico, though he admitted that "feedback would have been nice. I really don't know how it was received."

Link

:susel:

Archived