Pet Peeves in LOS

Dumsoda

Agree fully

Ordering "anything" can be an absolute nightmare.... What you Order.....and what you get....is often poles apart

Personally, I don't eat Chilli or Coriander....ordering food can be "an experience"

Nervous God tells a tale that well sums up Thai Customer Service (a classic oxymoron....in most cases....NOT ALL)

He was in a Coffee Shop in Bkk.... Shop targeted Farang customers

Looked at the Menu and saw Toasted Ham, Cheese & Tomato Sandwiches....didn't feel like meat.....so said ...I would like a Toasted Cheese & Tomato Sandwich please....

No have.....not on Menu....was the reply......

OK then....give me a Toasted Ham Cheese & Tomato sandwich....BUT...leave out the Ham....OK????

OK....can do...

Finally gets it and all is good...

Bill arrives and he notices that he has been charged 20 Baht MORE than the price of a Ham Cheese & Tomato sandwich...(but had no Ham)...WTF??

Queries the bill....

Yes...have to charge Extra....for special Order.....

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Driving...

cars/trucks/taxi/bus that take up two lanes

they can not make a U-turn in less then three lanes

if "their" lane is blocked, count on them charging over into "your" lane, damn the "right of way"!

pulling out in front of you, then go very slow

passing you on your right, while you are making a right-hand turn

talking on the phone, then swerving all over the road

...I could go on for quite a bit more!!!

Driving...

if "their" lane is blocked, count on them charging over into "your" lane, damn the "right of way"!

...I could go on for quite a bit more!!!

Should it suprise you? It's the same way Thais walk. :p

Driving...

if "their" lane is blocked' date=' count on them charging over into "your" lane, damn the "right of way"!

...I could go on for quite a bit more!!![/quote']

Should it suprise you? It's the same way Thais walk. :p

Agree with everything Cav has said 110 percent.

Flash, they walk?!! Okay, probably to the nearest motsai taxi, who then proceeds to do all of the above, except it's on the sidewalk and you're in the way!

The Fact that no Thai can admit to not knowing something... If you ask for directions to anywhere, they will all give you directions even if they have never heard of the place you are looking for....

And that no Thai will admit that any "Western Knowledge" is even equal to, if not Superior to Thai knowledge...

Pianoman

Hi,

People making assumptions that they already know what you want them to do halfway through your explanation and just ignoring the rest of it.

Inevitably you get something you didn't ask for.

Happened so often with staff that I took to having them repeat to me what it is I wanted them to do.

Sanuk!

Finding that you cannot BF any gal in your fav gogo bar because you are a "friend" and they won't do that... :banghead:

Friends who insist on becoming friends with bar girls, :stirthepo:doah::stirthepo:spank::spank::spank::rotl::rotl::rotl:

Thai girls who insist Thai (Isaan subservient) manners, i.e. you have to be very polite in a restaurant even when your order is fucked up.

Chinese Thais aren't polite, it's why they run the place! They COMPLAIN!

Wife now complains also.

She NOW agrees the Thais NEED to learn how to take orders and LISTEN to customers! If you don't have it, TELL ME, and ASK ME waht I want instead, i.e. Coke DON'T give the customer Pepsi (FARK that really pisses me off too)

LOUD MUSIC, took kids to school this morning as I had errands to run in the big smoke - made the school turn down the PA system.

Farangs who think they know Thailand.

Farangs

Actually people, I like dogs, that don't bark.

Archived