Pet Peeves in LOS

Dumsoda

Depends on who is applying the Dual Pricing.

In National Parks etc I get the lower entry fee due to the fact I have work permit and am a Tax Payer so that is definatley not a racist attitude from public sector operated locations.

On the other hand when private sector places like Dream World (which I refuse to take my nephew to for this very fact) and some Hotels / Resorts have a dual pricing based on nationality it certainly is racism.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absa....farrrkn lutely.....

I'm enjoying this thread,,,

Seems like "Most of us" have experienced the same sorta things that....piss us off....lol

The Mai mee pben har shit....really doesn't cut it with me... after all....I'm the PAYING customer....

Still....I must confess....The Coke / Pepsi....it's just Cola....give him anything....crap.....is one of the most irritating ....to me...JMHO

Hey.....maybe I'm Jewish.... If I order a Cheeseburger.....and you're outa Cheese.... do you bring me a Bacon Burger.....without asking??????

Cheers DS

The university co-op has a "shares" programme that pays 10% interest. I thought great - I'll bung all my money into it. "Oh, no archan, it's for Thais only." Huh? Do I work there? Am I paid by the same office as they are? Do I carry a university ID card? Don't I even teach more classes than the Thais? WTF? Do you know anywhere else you can get 10% interest these days? :(

The co-op is always giving freebies to its members, little things like luggage, jackets etc. One of my Thai colleagues told me I should go get my free luggage. I explained I'm not allowed to belong because I am an evil foreign devil. She was shocked. It's not the faculty that does it, but rather that administration.

Greetings from the back of the bus. :wave:

Another one is the "Moving Goalposts" on any given day, especially when dealing with immigration or trying to open a bank account etc. There is just no consistency between differant offices, or in some cases differant people in the same office.

Whenever I visit immigration now I feel like a farking lawyer entering a courtroom the amount of files I carry with me, basically original and multiple copies of everything relating to myself and the wife because Murphy's Law dictates they will ask for something you didn't need on previous occassion.

Even so they got me again last time I was renewing visa, the requirement for a copy of every page of passport with Thailand Exit / Entry Stamp on it, previous visas, Exit / Re-Entry Visas and work permit stamp ... I am sure that was made up just to bugger me about since I had everything else they asked for.

Thats what I did, they would ask for something else I would take out a copy sign it and hand it over, but the copy of every passport page with a Thai stamp on it was a new one to me it was as if she was adamant that i would have to go away to get something and come back later.

The joys of being a long term expat expat in Thailand.

Archived