Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

How many mass shootings (Tianamen notwithstanding) do they have in China ? Over a billion people, a massive gap between the rich and poor, but anyone contemplating such a thing knows exactly what the outcome will be. No lengthy trial/appeals process/20 years on death row - the Chinese Police would probably carry out 'sentence' on the spot.

Can't take the guns away cuz then only the bad guys would get them. I don't take much of a stand on gun control but if the good guys had guns too, then the bad guys may think twice about blowing away 18 grade school children. He may get one or two but if we were allowed to have guns too, he wouldn't be shooting 27 people dead before he was dead. That is an indisputable fact.

Sorry for the late reply, I was sick the last few days.....

Anyway, time to explain why I do find your post moronic, and in no way did I want to offend you, but if I did, then I apologise.

I meant to attack your post, not you, something I think you are mixing up.

First of all, do check the timeline, the shooting just happened, and after reading it in a newspaper online I came on this board and you posted what you did, without any single word of compassion for the 20 murdered / assassinated / executed young kids, that really made me angry.

Secondly, you are definitely in favour of a very antiquated piece of "freedom" allowing about 12000 gunkills per year in the US, that is one freaking school massacre every single day of the year ! How can you be in favor of that ?

Even more stupid is to advocate more weapons to counter the violence, duh !!! more guns will bring more violence !

Having guns does not stop the violence, it generates it !

Here is a good opinion piece : http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/16/opinion/sunday/kristof-do-we-have-the-courage-to-stop-this.html?hp&_r=2&

I live in a free society free from guns, something behind any comprehention from a gun crazy country.....

As for my personal bully the cock :

Boy,

Wanker is making a "moronic" statement because you can't understand his post even though it was in quite simple and clear English? Instead of your pattern of insults and flaming have you ever thought of explaining why you disagree?

Do you think that there is some chance that the problem is with you - not everyone else?

You ruin this board for so many people and I know many people must also feel sorry for your children, if you have any. I know I do.

Should we start a poll?

if virulent lies and bullying is now the new norm on this board, then exactly like another longtime boardmember last month who was bullied away, I am taking a break from this board.

this is not the board I joined, and not a board I want to be part of for the moment.

all my very good friends I made on this board do know how to contact me, so no problem.

In the spirit of the coming days, I wish all happy holidays.

BelgianBoy

Sorry for the late reply, I was sick the last few days.....

Anyway, time to explain why I do find your post moronic, and in no way did I want to offend you, but if I did, then I apologise.

I meant to attack your post, not you, something I think you are mixing up.

First of all, do check the timeline, the shooting just happened, and after reading it in a newspaper online I came on this board and you posted what you did, without any single word of compassion for the 20 murdered / assassinated / executed young kids, that really made me angry.

Secondly, you are definitely in favour of a very antiquated piece of "freedom" allowing about 12000 gunkills per year in the US, that is one freaking school massacre every single day of the year ! How can you be in favor of that ?

Even more stupid is to advocate more weapons to counter the violence, duh !!! more guns will bring more violence !

Having guns does not stop the violence, it generates it !

Here is a good opinion piece : http://www.nytimes.c...is.html?hp&_r=2&

I live in a free society free from guns, something behind any comprehention from a gun crazy country.....

As for my personal bully the cock :

if virulent lies and bullying is now the new norm on this board, then exactly like another longtime boardmember last month who was bullied away, I am taking a break from this board.

this is not the board I joined, and not a board I want to be part of for the moment.

all my very good friends I made on this board do know how to contact me, so no problem.

In the spirit of the coming days, I wish all happy holidays.

BelgianBoy

Some months back you said said somebody elses' posts are “...just plain stupid and totally useless†and “........... one of the reasons others don't post here anymore.†I think it was to Horneytorney.

Your apology to Wanker sounded sincere...will there be one to Horneytorney as well?

Agree completely that bullying has gotten out of hand and commend you for your honesty. That you cannot have moderator power over others is clearly extremely stressful for you and you obviously see yourself as the victim.

Your decision to take a break from the board is probably the best one – I look forward to your return if you do decide to come back in a few years.

Best holiday wishes to you as well.

"How many mass shootings (Tianamen notwithstanding) do they have in China ?" About as many as they had in Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia.

Murders (per capita) (most recent) by country

http://www.nationmas...ders-per-capita

Flash I would have expected better from you. You give the total murder figure, while what is discussed is the murders with a gun. That gives a whole different picture: Note that that Thailand is twice as high as the US: http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_wit_fir-crime-murders-with-firearms

Do people honestly think that killings would stop in the USA if guns were taken away? The number of firearms killings would naturally drop, but what about the total number of killings? It is absurd to compare US gun crimes with gun crimes in countries that have no guns. Of course, there is going to be a big difference. But is it somehow better if another method of killing was used?

BTW Thailand, population 65 million, has more than double the number in the USA, population 350 million. Why aren't people frightened to live here? And comparing the US with 350 million people to Iceland, population 319,000 and Luxembourg, population 525,000?

Hi,

"Agree completely that bullying has gotten out of hand and commend you for your honesty."

I think a case could quite easily be made that you too have been guilty of this bullying, I'd say :(

While BB and I have had our differences in the past, we have been able to put them to rest. It's rather sad to see you cannot move on though.

Really do not want to get involved in this as I think both of you are equally stubborn, but I wish you guys would either knock it off completely (put each other on ignore or something) or take this pissing contest to private messages.

Sanuk!