Nightlife becoming more mercenary?

dave32

Yeah so I had to cancel November trip because of work. My friends went without me, sorry lot that they are. :)

Anyway, from a few emails the past week ---> sounds as if things have gotten a little more detached and mercenary.

Some of the things mentioned:

- Women at Cowboy quoting in the 4-5k range now (Baccara, Shark).

- More aggressive pursuit of ladydrinks, and more often those drinks are shots

- Ridiculous prices at the Karaoke joints near Sala Daeng

- Pattaya, 3 nights in a row had starfish experience with different dancers (Airport, Baccara, forgot other one).

This guys loves LOS, but seems to be growing cynical.

Says he also had a deeply spiritual experience with a woman from Shark and at Akane. Ha. Not all negative.

Just wondering if the environment has gotten more hardened and if those prices are becoming a norm?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone tell me 2k is achievable in Cowboy, or my next trip'll be to elsewhere.

Cossinshock!

OK....I'll tell ya

coss.....2k is achievable in Cowboy

Wouldn't know myself.....but a good friend told me....LOL

We can't have you going..."elsewhere"....

Cheers DC

Doesn't really apply in Bangkok, but in Pattaya my (general) rule is:

"Play in the gogos, barfine from the beer bars."

Usually. :doah:

Will be interesting to see what the prices are like over Xmas / New Year when I'm up there. Assuming high season is going to be very busy, so assume prices will be going up. Caveat Emptor...

Might be time to get the lil black book out and see if some ladies from my dim-and-distant past are still on the scene. :hmmm:

Then again, there are alternatives - massage places such as Akane / Tulip etc. And the soapies too. When you take into account bar fines, lady drinks etc - not too much difference in the cost. And maybe even cheaper in some instances. :thumbup:

In addition - if guys are going to BF in the so-called "top bars" such as Rainbow, Tilac, Baccara, Shark etc, then of course you should expect to pay top $.

IMHO a lot more fun searching thorugh some of the so-called lesser bars searching for diamonds in the rough. Many to be found, and IME these girls are quite often happy to actually get a BF and some cash rather than their "jaded" cousins from the more popular bars who spend every night on their backs with their legs at 10-to-2.

Someone tell me 2k is achievable in Cowboy' date=' or my next trip'll be to elsewhere.

Cossinshock![/quote']

OK....I'll tell ya

coss.....2k is achievable in Cowboy

Wouldn't know myself.....but a good friend told me....LOL

We can't have you going..."elsewhere"....

Cheers DC

Well thank the Devil for that!

I can go back to a single dose of the heart meds now, I was on triple servings for a day or two there...

Cossinrecovery...

D32, even tho' your boy has been here before, he must have "schmuck" tattooed on his forehead!

Now you're confusing him with me kind sir. I AM the one with the schmuck tattoo, thank you very much. :)

This friend introduced me to LOS, he's Viet-Chinese and came to LA as a refugee at a very young age with family. Done pretty well for himself, but like - I imagine - a lot of the posters here grows weary of women in the West who want you to sacrifice everything and be everything in exchange for ????

Anyway, this guy has a lot going for him and he's not stupid by any stretch. The dancers always approach us and speak Japanese when I've been with him -- maybe there is some sort of unconscious price gouging?

This guys also likes to negotiate, took him with me when I bought my last car. Haha. Not kidding. I think he was surprised at some of the quotes he was getting from the dancers, hence I was curious.

And yeah, he does like the super-model (tall, skinny, pale) type. I think his range of what is attractive is a lot more limited than mine.

Babbling.

Archived