Heaven from Hell

Mekong

You can't argue with the King.

Alison - sublime.

Watching the Detectives - a snatchy,scratchy, itchy, edgy, reggae infused 3 and a half minutes of pop perfection.

BUT! his greatest ever song was Shipbuilding.

Diving for dear life

When we could be diving for pearls.

Elvis is king!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hardly. I went to high school with the drummer! Never mind his autobiography and/or Wiki page. Lies, all of it. At least about that era. Can't tell ya how many times I bailed his arse outta jail LOL! And he and Tony Kiedis came by to mooch beers from our little commune in Royal Oak, MI. ooooh. Stories from 1980-ish!

Here's some history...he was part of a Jam tribute band back then.

mLClUlmjuxo

Yay! Lizardking! You're on board! Nice! I'll deal with the Jam in a minute though.

True story: Rawtenstall actually had a recording studio for about 2 months in 1982. And Pete Burns knows it!

The Red Hot Clog Dancers supported Jake Thackeray on the 'What the Fuck are You Looking At?' tour in 1983 which culminated with a drug fuelled sex orgy along with various members of The Houghton Weavers at The Last Drop Village, Bolton. It has passed into legend. Big Tony couldn't Sit thi' Down for a fortnight.

The Internet is scary. Here's the remains of my high school band, doing a song I did the lyrics on, but well many years past me being involved with bass or anything...

Still sounding good tho', given the recording location! Hey, we were nominated the best local band in 1989 by 89X, the Canadian punker station. Of course, two of the DJs lived next door to the main house where practice occurred (I sparsely attended being in Japan a lot), so that couldn't have had anything to do with it, right? LOL!

LY9yKouTk4U

But hey, we weren't bad! BTW, no, I am NOT in this video. This was long after my departure.

Thanks very much K. Carew. The guy on the mix board should be shot tho'. Awful balance, given they were consciously recording this...

Funny how it all ended up: I'm here with a good biz, the lead singer is the most sought after recording engineer in Vegas, the drummer married a very successful lawyer and is a stay-at-home Dad who does podcasts to pass the time, the lead guitarists owns several used car lots in Northern Ohio and my replacement bassist is a well regarded educator across several locations & disciplines.

Good. None of us ever wanted to be rock stars anyway -- we did it for shits and giggles. The closest we got was opening for Concrete Blonde at Pine Knob for winning another contest. Good enough, really.

Thanks very much K. Carew. The guy on the mix board should be shot tho'. Awful balance, given they were consciously recording this...

Well, you say that, but I've just had it on in the background for the last 15 minutes or so and it sounded just fine.

Then I had the MC5...

I'm waiting for Miguel to post the Dolls next...:)

Archived