Bangkok vs. Pattaya

jon46

Some guys like Pattaya and hate Bangkok, some guys like Bangkok and hate Pattaya and some guys like both and some guys hate both. Come on board, search around for what you are curious about and if it's not found, ask questions.
Add: some guys live and work in Bangkok. You can earn a reasonable western salary in Bangkok (doubt the same can be said of Pattaya), which makes Pattaya, at best, a weekend get-away.

I find the comparisons interesting, although living in Pattaya is simply not an option. Also, there are more interesting, non-nightlife, activities in Bangkok. My two satang on this old subject.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, there are more interesting, non-nightlife, activities in Bangkok. My two satang on this old subject.

Yes, there are many more interesting non-nightlife things to do in Sydney, New York and other major cities in the world but, do you actually use them just because they are there :beer:

Add: some guys live and work in Bangkok. You can earn a reasonable western salary in Bangkok (doubt the same can be said of Pattaya), which makes Pattaya, at best, a weekend get-away.

You doubt wrong then Gaddy

When I decided to stop working on the Eastern Seaboard and go chasing the Petro Dollar overseas again, my final annual Salary was over USD 85K Tax Free plus a 50K THB / Month kiving allowance, I would not call that a pittance.

If you had quantified your statement and added "In Your Line of Work" then I would tend to agree with you. Not that I am professing to know your exact profession but having read your postings over nearly the last decade I think I know the sector.

For me I would find it easier to earn a living on ESB than I do in BKK, but that it is because it is the area of Thailand where my sector is most predominant.

Back to the OP

For me, taking employment out of the equation it depends on marital / relationship status. As a Single man I preffered Pattaya over Bangkok anytime, but when I was married it was the complete opposite and I preffered Bangkok.

It cannot be said that one place is better than the other, it's all down to the individuals needs and requirements at any given specific time in their life. When I first started to live in Thailand I lived in Pattaya for 8 years and thoroughly enjoyed my time there, subsequently I spent 12 great years living in Bangkok.

If I was ever to come back to Thailand on a permanent basis again Pattaya would probably just edge it over Bangkok, not because it is a better place per se, but because it suites my current requirements.

Kong

Hi,

"It's the weather, floods world-wide and men quibbling."

I know, another perfect example of the problems one runs into when running a board :(

Contrary to what I may have sounded like, I DO care about this board - which is probably the problem. And because of that it annoys me so that things tend to get out of control.

I do NOT want people to leave, I want people to try and be a bit more tolerant of other posters.

Every time I make any kinds of comments though I inevitably piss people off. If I let everyone just flame/harass newbies, I drive away new blood. If I ask people to give them a break, the 'old posters' get annoyed because they 'know' that this new poster is a troll.

If I tighten the moderation, people complain - and leave - because I am too harsh. If I loosen the moderation, people complain - and leave - because there are too many arguments.

Etc etc etc

And that is why I am pissed. Because I DO care, but don't have any answers / solutions. And as a result that is why I have gotten a 'Fuck it!' attitude.

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Sanuk!

All of these things are true, no doubt. But, this particular thread you're going to have a hard time making a case of anyone calling a newbie a troll or scaring off new posters.

It was more like people getting irritated then trying to exert control over the conversation and using that argument, erroneously, as pretext to do it.

This is my favorite Thailand forum and the only one where I actually post (I do conduct searches on others). The reason is because the structure is a bit loose and there is genuine tolerance for sarcasm/irony and I like to hear what the old curmudgeons have to say. More intelligent and interesting conversation here than elsewhere.

So don't get too pissed off KS. You do a good job.

As for driving mass traffic and how to strike the best balance, I am utterly clueless -- if I ran a forum it would have a probably have a population of one, so not in a position to give advice.

Endeavor to persevere sir.

csEzTwKemwY

Archived