Egypt

Coss

Well, the leadership of Israel and their pundits can cry all they want. In spite of my "grief", I'm not losing any sleep over some perceived problems they have with the U.S. I'm tired of helping prop up Israel and taking shit from a good part of the Middle East for doing so. What the "F" have the Israeli's done for us lately? Let's stop borrowing money to give to the Israeli's and pay down our debt.

Wow! First it is supporting taxes on Chinese imports to help return manufacturing jobs to the US and now cutting Israel loose.

Have you taken some "liberal pills" HH? Keep taking them: they'll drain that evil Kool Aid out of your brain. :neener:

It is good to have you on the team!

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't get too excited, LK. I'm a long way from joining your cell. :content:

Now..back to Egypt. Yesterday seemed maybe a prelude that should not have been unexpected. Whenever there is a void in power, or a perceived "void", factions will rush in and combat each other to try to gain power. So, we have the Government supporters actually using violence against the relatively peaceful and supposedly self-policed anti-Mubarak demonstrators. A degree of "intrigue" is being begged by reporters embedded in Egypt. That is, are the pro-government "demonstrators" paid by the Government to stir up shit...that is, create chaos so that the Government can justify a more drastic response to the anti-Mubarak folks in the name of calming civil unrest? Hmmmmm...

HH

There are unconfirmed reports the pro Mubarak demonstrators clashing with the ani Mubarak ones are actually police in plain clothes. Some say its a last ditch effort by Mubarak. Interesting we haven't seen them before? Why now?

Just my guess but I don't think any one group will just usurp power. The people want to vote for their own leader and I don't think any one person or group can just seize power without a free election. The military probably won't allow that anyway. Just my guess.

Same as we've gotten from supporting the Zionists. Not a damn thing!

But at least the Egyptians have not blown up US Navy ships, shot down our planes, performed clandestine espionage/spying activities against us, or otherwise actively tried to undermine the US position in the ME...

I loved this article. In most countries you are free to insert your hopefully erect penis into just about any willing partner given, of course, age parameters.

"A week of racism in Israel

Israeli racism may not be new but it is becoming more open, which raises the question - which way will the public tip?

On a recent Monday, more than 200 Jewish Israelis rallied in Bat Yam, a suburb of Tel Aviv under the banner 'Keep Bat Yam Jewish'. The demonstrators, most of whom were religious and young, were there to protest against romantic relationships between Arabs and Jews, particularly those between Arab men and Jewish women.

I did not go as a reporter. I went to bear witness. I had also volunteered to translate for a colleague, a Palestinian man, who does not speak Hebrew.

We stood to the side. Demonstrators, mistaking us for supporters, handed us leaflets containing shameless propaganda. I read them aloud to my colleague, even though I was ashamed to repeat the words I held in my hands. "The Arabs are taking control of Bat Yam, buying and renting apartments from Jews, taking and ruining girls from Bat Yam! Fifteen-thousand Jewish girls have been taken to Arab villages! Guard our city - we want a Jewish Bat Yam," the leaflets said.

The rally came in the wake of a religious edict forbidding Jews from leasing or selling homes or land to Arabs. The proclamation was signed by 50 rabbis, many of whom are state employees, before it was announced publicly several weeks ago. Another 250 have joined since then.

Over 1,000 rabbis have signed a letter against the edict, calling it "a painful distortion of our tradition" and a "desecration of God's name". But these are diaspora rabbis. And although Binyamin Netanyahu, the Israeli prime minister, has condemned the initial proclamation, the rabbis who signed it remain state employees.

Monday's rally in Bat Yam was just the first moment of a week that suggested that open racism is spreading through Israel like a wildfire.

http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/opinion/2011/01/20111812130964689.html

So what has the US accomplished for 30 years of Egypt in the number 2 spot on the US foreign aid list?

Fair chance that it has kept the Suez canal open :content: (Come to think about it, that probably benefits Europe more than the U.S. Maybe the Euros should be providing their proportionate share of any aid.)

HH

This kind of pisses me off as I was planning to rent in this very suburb.

"Rabbis say 'no housing for Arabs'

Hundreds of Israeli rabbis have signed a religious edict forbidding Jews from renting or selling homes to Arabs.

Hundreds of Israeli rabbis have signed a religious edict forbidding Jews from renting or selling homes or land to Arabs and other non-Jews. The public letter instructs Jews to "ostracise" those who disobey the order, which is widely viewed as an attack on the country's Palestinian citizens.

When the decree was announced on Tuesday, it had been signed by 50 rabbis, many of who are employed by the state of Israel as municipal religious leaders. Despite sharp public criticism, another 250 rabbis have added their names to the proclamation.

It is the latest battle in the ongoing religious campaign against non-Jews.

A similar edict was issued in the city of Safed less than two months ago, when over a dozen rabbis banded together to urge Jewish landlords not to rent apartments to Arab college students.|

African refugees - a group the state refers to as "infiltrators" - and migrant workers have also been targeted. This summer, 25 Tel Aviv rabbis signed a proclamation that forbids Jews from renting to "infiltrators". Ten real estate agents who work in neighbourhoods that are home to large populations of African refugees answered the call, publicly stating that they would refuse such tenants and would not renew the leases of those who are currently residing there.

And in late November, the municipality of Bnei Brak - an ultra-Orthodox suburb of Tel Aviv - began notifying migrant workers and African refugees that they will be evicted from their homes in the weeks to come. "

Rest here: http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/features/2010/12/2010121015160984116.html

Archived