Iran Warships Enter Mediterranean

Julian2

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

Hi,

Guys, try to keep this civil okay. And please keep in mind anti-Israel(i policy) isn't the same as anti-jew / anti-semite.

Quoting my Mom: "Where there are 2 fighting, there are 2 to blame."

Seems to sum up a lot of the crap in the Middle-East.

Sanuk!

anti islamic extremism isn't anti islam :elephant:

Iran has the right to use international waters. I wouldn't make much out of it. Not much of a navy. Bottom line is Iran will develop nukes at some point and they will not use them offensively. The only threat to Iran having nukes is their selling the technology or providing materials for dirty bombs to militants. That is a valid and grave concern but Iran themselves will not use it. Just like Pakistan, N. Korea and any other state with nukes and has moral issues. No state can use it these days without being obliterated. Sending nukes is suicidal for such states. You can't 'win' much less survive.

The best way for the west to deal with Iran is leave them be. Ween themselves off oil and stop being an oil based economy. Iran will turn its sights to the Saudis. The Saudis have more to fear from Iran than Israel does. Sounds crazy to say that and I'm not saying Israel doesn't have legitimate fears but Iran will not seek a war with Israel because it knows it can't win and it knows Israel are crazy enough to nuke them if they think they will lose. Israel IS suicidal. They'd rather blow everyone up than be subjugated. America won't let that happen but I'm addresing Israel's mental state with regards to wars these days.

Internally, if you remove an outside threat like Israel or America that does nothing but solidify all of Iran, their own people will keep them busy. There is a strong undercurrent for reforms in Iran. The middle east have always fought amongst themselves when they didn't have an external enemy to unite them.

CS,

I agree with much of your analysis. So does Meir Dagan, former head of Mossad...the possibility a future Israeli Air Force attack on Iranian nuclear facilities as "the stupidest thing I have ever heard" http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/former-mossad-chief-israel-air-strike-on-iran-stupidest-thing-i-have-ever-heard-1.360367

Perhaps Netanyahu, his stooges in Congress and the sheeple camp followers of Murdoch's Sun and Fox Noise should take note.

:beer:

dude i dont want any war but you wont address irans desire to wipe out israel....you are an anti-semite thru and thru

i never suffered war but my parents remember bombing over their homes by fellow jew haters as yourself!!!!

Jew = a member of the people and cultural community whose "traditional" religion is Judaism. But not all Jews are believers.

Israelis = citizens of Israel which includes Jews, Christians, Muslims and others

Zionist = someone who believes through hearing imaginary voices from supernatural friends, reading a work of popular fiction, or likewise any Murdoch publication, or pure mindless sheepleness that evolutionary man somehow bypassed the Levant ,perhaps because of some mysterious force field, until the mythical character Moses appeared on a mountain top and cried "Behold this land is granted this day by my invisible friend in perpetuity and exclusively to a certain religion", albeit their DNA may become mingled somewhat after an absence of 2,000 years from jet black Falashas to blonde haired blue eyed Russians.

Please learn the difference, LP

I am the last person in the world to hate another because of the colour of their skin, shape of their eyelids, or their religion. I just hate bullies, and Zionists are the biggest and most dangerous bullies in the world.

and Horneytorney ... an old Israeli apologist under a different moniker

Robbie, what complete nonsense!

the troubles with Iran are not at all caused by Israel but by the islamic fundamentalism in the country itself.

of course Israel is not a innocent country regarding many other problems in the Middle East. And they can afford to be rather aggressive as they are protected by the USA and in particular Wallstreet and other influential businessmen and no President ever dare to question that.

iranian top brass hate israel and jews and you not condeming this mindset just leaves me questioning your sincerity

Iran has the largest Jewish population of any Muslim-majority country some 25,000 - 40,000. Jews are protected under the Iranian constitution and a seat is reserved for a Jew in the Majlis.

I think you'll find it's the Zionists that Iran dislikes. You would too if Israel bombed British scientists in the streets of London, threatened to attack Sellafield nuclear power station, and drummed up economic sanctions against you, when Israel is the biggest offender of the lot.

I think they are also pissed off with Israel constantly playing the anti-Semite card to deflect any criticism....as you do, LP.

Read Jewish Israeli Norman Finkelstein's book "The Holocaust Industry"

Countries seek nuclear weapons for one reason only. Its for their own protection. Its the same mentality that Americans buy handguns for their homes.

Having a nuke is pretty much a guarantee you will not be invaded. Pakistan, N. Korea, two countries with either nutcase groups or a nutcase ruler has them and will not use them in a first strike scenario. Iran wants them for the same reasons Israel has them. Iran has seen America invade its neighbors on both sides.

I'm not an Iran apologist. I despise the regime in charge but it will not use them to attack Israel in some sort of first strike. It wants them so that America and/or Israel will NOT attack it.

Archived