Who Do You Think Is Responsible For The Bangkok Bombing?

Wallenda

Who do you think is responsible for the Bangkok bombing?   

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is responsible for the Bangkok bombing?

• ISIS
    • Uighurs
    • southern Muslim separatists
    • red shirts
    • Thaksin
    • Australian backpackers
    • crazed individual
    • another Muslim group

In the past I've found you (Wendella) to be one of the more thoughtful posters I've seen on any Thai forum. But think you're off the mark here. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

OK I'm hearing ya. One thing, I am not an expat in Thailand and have only visited there, never lived there. Max was about a month, and I've done that a few times. But I'm absolutely an outsider, I get my news from either here or normal media like online newspapers, BBC, CNN, etc. So yeah, what you are talking about, how this is basically beyond the pale even for Thaksin and the more devious/ruthless elements of the red-shirt side, that's something that I wouldn't catch from out here without knowing Thais. Then again, there's part of me that thinks of Thaksin as a guy who doesn't respect much of anything more than himself. What those men in black were doing back during those protests was pretty far over the line, and that seems to have been done with his knowledge and blessing.

But I have to say, what you just said about your yellow-supporting Thai friends does have a very convincing ring to it.

I'd be curious to hear what someone thinks who lives there or has your kind of connections, and who also thinks reds or Thaksin were the ones responsible, what they have to say.

It looks like me plus three others voted for redshirts or Thaksin, 5 voted for Muslims. Tiny sample size though.

The fact that it was a religious shrine does seem to support the idea that it was done by Muslims, that's a very common pattern for their terrorists.

According to rumors anyway, the finger is starting to point at foreign Islamist groups who struck against both China and Thailand over their treatment of the Uighurs, though the Uighurs themselves may have had nothing to do with it. It's all guesswork, but at least that seems to fit what little is known.

I don't see how it could help Thaksin. If it became known, he'd be finished. A loony red shirt supporter? Well, there are some of them, but I'd hope that even they realise that it would be counterproductive. Hopefully ...

<< In order to ensure security and order for the upcoming National Day (September 2), airport customs officers have taken many measures to detect and prevent reactionary materials, weapons and military equipment from illegally being brought into Vietnam by air, the Tan Son Nhat customs sub-department said.

On July 31, the force seized 94 military handguns and 472 magazines hidden on a flight from Turkey, in what could be the first-ever large-scale weapon smuggling case by air in the city, according to officers.

The airport customs, in conjunction with the Ministry of Public Security’s General Economic Security Department and other units, launched an unexpected inspection of the plane and discovered the illicit firearms. >>

http://tuoitrenews.vn/society/30024/nearly-100-sets-of-us-army-uniforms-found-being-smuggled-into-vietnam

From Turkey, huh. And the bomber was using a fake Turkish passport?

At the Laos border into Thailand at the friendship bridge, Vientiane, it is possible to drive, without stopping, with no checks, into Thailand. I've seen HiSo's do it. Getting back into Laos is not so easy however.

Once upon a time I have been sitting by the River Mekong near a place called Nakhon Pathom having dinner with ex-lovely Nok . It has been at a resort outside town somewhere . Whilst eating we watched boats crossing the river all the time . I don´t think anybody willing to leave the Kingdom illegally should face any trouble .

On a sidenote : sitting by the quiet River Mekong when the sun goes down is even better than boom-boom . In a way .

• Like 2