The Covid-19 thread

Coss

Thailand reported 1,974 domestic infections among a total of 1,983 new, confirmed Covid-19 cases with 34 additional deaths in the past 24 hours,

reaching a new high in the number of fatalities, CCSA assistant spokesperson Apisamai Srirangsan announced this morning, May 12th.

The fatalities were 16 men and 18 women from Samut Prakan (13), Bangkok (10), Nakhon Pathom (2), Pathum Thani (2), Suphan Buri (1), Samut Songkram (1), Samut Sakhon (1), Phetchabun (1), Chonburi (1), Nakhon Nayok (1), and Sa Kaeo (1). The age range was between 33 and 93 years old. One of the fatalities also included a Finnish national.

Most of them were reported with underlying health conditions, including hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, chronic kidney disease, heart disease, liver disease, psychiatric disorders, obesity, and chronic lung disease. Two of them were bedridden patients. Another two refused to expose their health conditions.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/05/12/recap-thailand-finds-1974-domestic-infections-with-34-additional-deaths-in-past-24-hours/

___

I'm concerned about "Most of them were reported with underlying health conditions,"  as this diminishes the danger of the Covid virus, as if being obese, or refusing to to disclose a health condition, is the cause of death...

"Another two refused to expose their health conditions." - mind you, being dead, they probably found it difficult to disclose anything, even though they identified as living.

May as well say, and the world's uneducated press, will soon start to, "the victims were unvaccinated,  uneducated, bipedal and human (maybe)".

1 hour ago, Coss said:

Dozens of Pattaya monks perform prayer ritual to ward off Covid-19 in the city

All good - Buddhism is what keeps me liking Thailand.

Question, why the chairs?

monkspray.jpg?resize=696,464&ssl=1

And is the virus gone now?

___

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/05/12/dozens-of-pattaya-monks-perform-prayer-ritual-to-ward-off-covid-19-in-the-city/

Not just Chonburi.  https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2021/05/11/govt-asks-temples-to-chant-daily-prayers-to-ward-off-covid-19/

A landmark independent review of the global pandemic response released by Helen Clark and former Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf.

excerpt from news article :

'...our risk exposure to new pathogens has only grown in recent years. Air travel has quadrupled since 1990 alone and humans are increasingly encroaching on the natural world, where zoonotic illnesses like coronaviruses, ebolaviruses and HIV are known to have emerged from.

Although the WHO was first notified of the novel illness on December 31, and although Wuhan had entered a drastic lockdown on January 23, the organisation declined to label the coronavirus a Public Health Emergency of International Concern at a meeting on January 22 and 23. By a week later, when the number of cases outside China was verging on the triple digits in 18 different countries, the WHO at last acted.

Part of the delay was the result of an unwillingness to say the virus was able to spread from human-to-human until evidence of such transmission had crossed a high enough threshold.

"For the future, a precautionary approach should be used from the outset, acknowledging that a respiratory disease may spread from person to person unless and until established otherwise,"...'

Link

Coss comment: 'I don't know much about Ellen, but I do know about Helen, who despite her politics and remaining firmly in the closet, is one of the most effective leaders, organisers and intelligences NZ has ever seen. And the current NZ Prime Minister has Helen on speed dial/txt.'

‘My Hands and Feet Were Frozen, Numb or Burning’ – Eric Clapton Says He Had a Bad Reaction to AstraZeneca Covid Jab, Feared He Would Never Play Again

Eric Clapton, 76, said he had a terrible reaction to the AstraZeneca Covid jab and blamed “propaganda” for overstating the safety of the experimental vaccine.

The legendary singer, songwriter and guitarist said his hands and feet were either frozen, numb or burning for two weeks after his taking the first jab in February.

“I took the first jab of AZ and straight away had severe reactions which lasted ten days. I recovered eventually and was told it would be twelve weeks before the second one…,” Clapton wrote in a letter to fellow anti-lockdown activist Robin Monotti.

“About six weeks later I was offered and took the second AZ shot, but with a little more knowledge of the dangers. Needless to say the reactions were disastrous, my hands and feet were either frozen, numb or burning, and pretty much useless for two weeks, I feared I would never play again, (I suffer with peripheral neuropathy and should never have gone near the needle.) But the propaganda said the vaccine was safe for everyone…” he said.

Eric Clapton has been a very outspoken critic of the Covid lockdowns and joined in on Van Morrison’s anti-lockdown song “Stand and Deliver” in December.

More Here… https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/05/hands-feet-frozen-numb-burning-eric-clapton-says-bad-reaction-astrazeneca-covid-jab-feared-never-play/

If Mr Clapton dislikes lockdowns I recommend to spend his time in either Brazil or India or, shold he reconsider, move to Portugal for example where after a rude lockdown the infection rate shrank to almost nothing. On a sidenote: I happended to meet Mr Clapton at the Ferrari factory maybe 5 years ago, the guy is an arsehole anyway. No insult intended.