Africans on Sukhumvit

Shibuya

37 minutes ago, bust said:

No need to avoid just don't engage.

Not sure what the big deal is here :dunno:

It sort of fits into that underlying racism that a lot of the old farts who wander up and down Sukhumvit have.

Plus that ignorance of these kind of people “why don’t the police stop them??” And as mentioned before, the type of stickman reader who thinks the whole of Thailand revolves around blokes who drink in pubs on the lower Sukhumvit.

I can’t honestly remember the last time I was in the vicinity of “Lower Sukhumvit” i.e. Rama I to Asoke stretch but we’ll over 10 years now, if I do visit Sukhumvit tends to be Ekkami or Tong Lor and even that is very rarely nowadays.

2001/2 was different, I was there everyday I mean everyday for about 14 months.Took time out from work and had an apartment on Soi 13, those were the days when The Living Room, Clinton Plaza and Soi 10 Beer Bars were all at the top of the Soi, how the fuck I lived to tell the tale I don’t know, but I was over 20 years younger then mind.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mekong said:

Tong Lor and even that is very rarely nowadays.

Mr Mekong , I truely hate to say this but following your ways of blaming people for insignificant errors or what you think are errors I may at this point emphasize that it seems to be the proper way of spelling it Thonglor and not Tong Lor. Apart from this minor issue I would recommend to exchange your usual bubble of bad mood in favour of looking positive upon life and what is left of it. Nuff said, I hope you got the message. I am not sure though.

6 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

I may at this point emphasize that it seems to be the proper way of spelling it Thonglor and not Tong Lor.

Thong Lor (Thai ทองหล่อ) is a section of Bangkok in the northern Watthana district. 
Source

It appears that yet again you were incorrect, the correct way of spelling it is of course the Thai way ทองหล่อ. The English translation is not literal and it can be written as Tong Lor, Tonglor and even Tong Lo.

In your rush to try and get one up on me, all you succeeded in doing was demonstrating to the board what a fool you are.

You really are a sad old man with nothing better to do with your life, I feel sorry for you

For the record Thong Lor is also the way my wife spells it, she has only lived in Thailand for 55 years so must be wrong  and a German tourist must know better 

Why not listen to your own advice and  exchange your usual bubble of bad mood in favour of looking positive upon life and what is left of it.

Thong Lo(r) means molten gold. As you are no doubt aware, since you profess to know everything, Modern Thai script, which was said to have been created by King Ram Khamhaeng in 1283, does not contain any spaces between words. Spaces indicate only the clear endings of clauses or sentences.

e.g. น้ำปลา is Fish Sauce, in Thai no spaces but in Romanised characters we write Nam Pla not Nampla or สมน้ำหน้า (deservedly) is written Som Nam Na in Roman script and not Somnamna and so on.