Diary of an ex-bg

think_too_mut

MadMax,

What a great post of yours.

To add something:

>That, and statements from GTG in the vien of "She can be sales girl, she doesn't have to be a B/G",

The irony is - my gf was a sort of a sales girl at that time, working in a golf club, at the counter. The club would call her one day in advance to work if there were customers (golf players) coming . The job was paying 4-6K per month, strictly day job.

With that job she made it through year 7 and 8 of high school (I think it is a 5 months per year in the fast track).

Her first investment was in the English course, told me she was near to starvation while paying for it. But her "survival" level of English and acceptance of low salary kept her in the job.

She hit the bar during the year 9 when it was obvious that 500-1000 Bht she was sending to her family weren't going too far and there was almost nothing left for her.

Going to Phuket and around the country with new (bar) customers she missed several calls to come to work in the club and the calls gradually ceased. In the meantime, she found another day job as a shop assistant and "resigned" to her club job.

She still maintains contact with the golf course people, they told her she will always have a "fall back" place there. If she is interested in coming back, the management will review her newly attained skills and make a better job/salary offer.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to tell Choco that indeed, thru the world of entertaiment and sports (boxing, muay thai), very similar to so many disfavored blacks in US, poor folks get famous and rich. But a very special talent was at the base of their success. I take the question as meaning can poors, thru education and perseverance get to the top of thai society. not so many, IMO. The politicians you allude to were mostly coming from wealthy families, and depending on the course of thai politics, their power may change the balance between BKK and province or not. Perfect example: choonavanh, an Issan politician opened the door to provincial acumen in politics. In the past, many general/dictators were also from the provinces. But that is because the system of thai politics was already a big centralizer of talent and influences.

MadMax,

Re: Economically successful life, GTG wrote: "THAT means she could have a considerably better job if she wants rather than working as a bg with more money in the first place."

My interpretation: "She could have a considerably better job [than being a prostitute] if she wants, rather than working as a bg [although as a bargirl she would have] more money in the first place."

What's GTG's point, if my understanding is correct? Her point is, there are other options. And she believes those options, no matter how unattractive - and undignified - are better than becoming a bargirl.

Sorry to get back to this thread a few days late.

Your understanding of my message is CORRECT.

GTG

That's a great idea, Boo! Goodthaigirl-Goodthaiboy relationship reports! I'm not sure I'd stay awake, but I'm willing to wager that any comments that she'd receive would be more courteous than the ones she dished out.

I'm not sure what the problem is with selling one's body for sexual services. Why is it bad? It's just a job, a thing done mostly for money, like most of us do, and one can have many different jobs throughout life. Why would one mark you forever? I mean, I don't still think of myself as a paperboy! wink.gif

>>>one can have many different jobs throughout life. Why would one mark you forever? I mean, I don't still think of myself as a paperboy!<<<

Yea, but GTG does.

smile.gif It's a JOKE, ok?

I'm not sure what the problem is with selling one's body for sexual services. Why is it bad?

------------------------------------------

as it seems to make a lot of money for few hours work at doing a very natural function mainly laying down, maybe you should start social working that encourages women to go into it. Seems that it would do them a favor, and they need to be reminded it's not bad! Or you could ever so slightly look under the surface of things, i don't know...Sometimes.

You've got to be kidding, right? Would you feel the same way if your daughter was living this kind of life? Get real.

[color:purple] I think he means that if a woman chooses prostituion as a career choice there should be nothing wrong with it.. You meet many women here in the Startes in the sex industry who enjoy the work that they do. Believe it or not some have college degrees. Now in the States these women who choose to be sex workers because they want to (we are not talking about the ones who were abused children or drug addicts, etc) could easily get well paying jobs. Face it not all sex workers prostitute themselves to avoid poverty. Some actually enjoy the work and the lifestyle. I would assume this also applies in Thailand. color=purple>

Sorry, the store is closed. i have been at it for 2 years now on Nana, and so much in other threads in the past 2 weeks, about the slow cultural and social paths, almost pre-destined, that lead a poorer woman to the bar and night neons (her luck!!!), about that many do not hear the crying when the bars are closed and the latch to their cubicle room is down, so they must be doing fine. So, Bibblies,yes, Don't worry, be happy, nothing to see, walk on, all is fine.....

Archived