Welcome on earth , Miss X.

buffalo_bill

Says khunsanuk:

Hi,

"foundations and centers that care about the plight of thai destitutes."

Do any of these have websites? If so, could you please send me the URLs. I'd be happy to donate a bunch of ad space.

Sanuk!

Just another reason why I love this board so much , well done KS !!!

BadaBing

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fellow boardsmen,

thank you for your comments, I have increasing hopes now to end up in heaven one day which is in sharp contradiction to my missus' standing prophecies.

Should anybody fear to collapse under the burdon of not knowing a suitable place to donate, I do highly recommend the Duang Prateep Doundation, Klong Toey which offers plenty of websites if you try Google. These people did pass the Buffalo Bill quality survey , administration cost is about 12 %, the rest arrives where you want it to arrive, plenty of possibilities. They have nothing to do with this thread. Take care.

Bbill

Their official web site is here (engl./thai./jap./germ.)

These people did pass the Buffalo Bill quality survey , administration cost is about 12 %, the rest arrives where you want it to arrive, plenty of possibilities.

It is always hard to judge this kind organization only from their statements, but if you say they are reliably and reputable, I will give it a try and donate to them. They even have group of supporters in Germany.

I recommend to visit them in person, it is a new experience I am sure.

That´s what I will do next time. I presume that a visit will teach me more about poverty than all articles and comments I read and heard before. Acutally that´s my experience in another country in Asia where I did help to edit a book about economics. During that time unemployement rates e.g. had been only statistics for me - until my next trip to the country, meeting a good friends who just lost their jobs and who´s lifes kind of fell apart.

Says Wowzer:

So this kid grows up, probably, without a mother who dies of aids, who got it as a prostitute working in the sex industry, which undoubtedly all her schoolfriends will remind her of regularly, and if that wasn?t enough of a burden she gets her name from a sex site which discuss such edifying subjects as double headers, getting done up the arse by a katoey, fleching, bare back blow jobs, anal sex, etc. etc.

And it sounds as though you are feeling pretty smug and pleased with yourself for doing it.

i disagee and you are displaying a one sided farang sex -tourist perspective on this. The orphanages in thailand are top rate as far as I am concerned. I have been and worked in a few and the people there display the typical thai kindness, morality, and teaching of the young Thai believes. The kids there , although have difficulty with affection are mostly very successful. Of the ones I know who have gone throught the orphanage at one point in time ( whether perm or just a short time while dad and mom get back on their feet) have learnt thai values and have drive and ambition.. MBA, engineer, teacher. I used to hang out with the thai olympic track and field team and at least one was in an orphange for a brief time.

yes school age kids do make fun of kids without mothers or fathers from time to time. but school yard bullying will never kill anyone.. I seriously doubt a school kid would know anything about AIDS or prostitution to comment on it, none the less know whose parents died of the disease.

I bet you feel pretty smug and delightful at laughing at others misfortunes dont you?

could you please send me the URLs

--------------------------------------

the one is rayong, the camillian center created and held up by an italian priest is:

http://www.camillianrayong.8k.com

I see it has not been updatedin a while but contains a lotof infos already. I just read an article mentionning it in a french magazine,while in France,BTW. Some Pattaya fellows and concerned ones have raised half a million bahts in about a year,thru our own JAI DEE foundation (all money going to the center). There is a link that gives the possibility to send money thru a safe CC account,and the Father answers personally every donation. Unfortunately, this link is thru a site of devoted sanookers and i know we should not promote other sites on Nana, so advise me how we can deal with this.

thanks for the response.

Archived