Attacked, broken and beelding, by Hogs' Breath B

rickfarang

khunsanuk said:

Hi,

"I may break tradition and show up at Gullivers just to see this all rather bizarre challenge/showdown unfold."

Looks like we may have to postpone this until next week (unless someone is willing to do the honors for me) as I will not be able to make it this Friday.

Hate to let MM off the hook so easily though :(

Sanuk!

As I suddenly find myself dateless this next trip, I'll have plenty iof free time so I can go can get a you a 300bht S/T by Proxy o.k.! :) ?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never thought of this before, but my Pal Lamok Chakapret has had me bring him cheese many times...I always charged him the paid price, never thought "cheese running" could be so profitable, anybody know what I could get moving a few kilos of Gouda? or Camambert? could be the start of a whole new career...

Seriously, I can buy cheese cheap here at Costco, limited selection, but hey, let me know...

>cheese running<

No self respecting punters on this board will buy runny cheese.

I pack a few protein bars in my bag for the flight over, they always are soft and mushy half way thru the trip, can't figure it out. Its messy and not neat at all the way i like it. So I can commisserate with your runny cheese problem.

you'll need some refrigeration for your trips over. Same as they do with heart transplants, use a small igloo cooler. If you make a profit i'll expect a complimentary wheel of Ossau-Iraty-Brebis-Pyrenees

Good luck and may your cheese stay always semi-hard

OH,

Since i have undertaken to advise you on cheese running, I feel obligated to make sure my advice is not piecemeal but complete.

There may come a time when you tire of cheese running. All is not lost. many cheese runners graduate to the highly competitive sport of cheese racing. You can enter your very own cheese into the race.

before I tell you more i want to point out that the people involved in this sport are not all nice. Some are mean horrible and abuse their cheese . Take a look at some of your competitors. These guys look OK, but some of the other guys will eat your lunch (and your cheese).

OTOH, there are some serious babes in the cheese racing business and with your common interests you may hit it off.

On to the nature of cheese racing.

What do you think happens when you throw a slice of processed cheese (without removing the plastic wrapping) onto a lit barbeque?

The plastic melts giving off highly toxic fumes and you are left with a pretty grim cheese/plastic mess welded on to your BBQ, right?

WRONG!

Unbelievably what actually happens, as discovered by the pioneers and inventors of the sport way back in 1997 ... is that the plastic pouch does not melt - even when the cheese inside eventually boils! Even more incredibly, as the cheese melts and the strange chemicals found in processed cheese turn to gas - the plastic pouch inflates until eventually all four corners lift off the BBQ and the pouch is fully inflated! Now under this pressure you might think that the pouch would eventually burst - but no - most of the time the seal remains intact!

And whose ever cheese becomes the most threatening and agitated wins!

OH if you are interested in this fascinating sport I suggest you contact the undisputed king of cheese racing, but make sure you read the officially sanctioned cheese racing rules first so you'll not seem like an ignorant american.

Archived