P4P and this board - the poll

khunsanuk

" Maybe I could create a 'workplace friendly' stylesheet?"

No need here whatsoever... we spend lots of our business meeting time talking about girls we screw, often overseas hookers. More nighlife oriented will be just fine.

Randomshots.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
flyonzewall said:

this is getting seriously abstruse now.

A semi permanent condition for you it seems.

now, for ordinary people, can you please explain the connection between a call for more "sanuk" so that the board gets more "tolerant", and the mudslinging that this "discussion" has detriorated into?

that would be extremely fascinating.

Mudslinging? in this thread, you've posted 15 I've posted 5 (now 6), I fear you have the advantage of me on this one.

Cheers

Coss

flyonzewall said:

>>>Others will read it,<<<

very "sanuk" that post of your yours, indeed, and so...tolerant as well, and a very civil form of discussing, as this is not a debating board, but a discussion board for civil and sanuk filled open and tolerant exchange of opinions, humorous if possible, where posters are not judged. in order not to scare away potential future posters.

i think you are just in the process of doing a fabulous job out of presenting this board here at its best. indeed.

This is FUCKING CLASSICAL. Flyspeck putting "tolerant", "civil" and "discussion" in the same sentence. ROTFLMFAO !!!

Really "speck", I wish somebody would list the 10 longest threads on the board for 2004 that degenerated into pissing contests (not debates)and identify which board member is the common denominator. Of course, your reply would be the usual "I don't care."

I don't know what your fucking head problem is, but you should seek some GOOD professional help. Of course, I'm sure you're satisfied with your miserable self.

Hugh (mak)

Hi,

Chuckwoww :

"110 responses to the poll. Can I assume that over 5000 registered members don't give a toss?"

Those 5,000+ accounts are for people who at one point have registered, many are no longer here. During the last week 463 registered users logged in, so the poll was taken by alomst 25% of them. I'd say a fair representation.

Thai3:

"How many regular posters are there, about 200 with maybe another 300 read only types?"

While I have no real way of knowing how many people read the board as I cannot track guests (my estimation is about 1.5x the number of registered users), we get about 800 registered users logging in every month. This number is down dramatically as well (it used to be around 1,800).

Total amount of unique readers is around the 2,000 / month, I'd say.

Fly :

"do you want me to debate in earnest the statistics of the result of some ridiculous poll on a virtual discussion forum where 109 posters took part in?"

You seemed to do exactly that when you thought the numbers proofed you point!

Face it Fly, you have no counter arguments and rather than accepting that you start weasiling out and ridiculing things.

"so, guys, keep on debating, ohh so sorry - *discussing*, an issue i feel is nothing else anymore than pure laughing matter."

Then why are you one of the main contributors in this discussion?

Thai3:

"I am surprised and saddened at this lets blame Fly for everything campaign."

I do not really think this is the case. It certainly isn't only Fly's fault, I'd say the reason for the posts in here is because he is the one most vocal against change.

I do agree that things are getting a bit too personal, and it would be a good thing if we laid of on attacking people rather than points of view.

Sanuk!

PS Cent, thanks for your interpretation of the stats.

<<but, i am very sorry, mate, if you expect an answer, then please edit your post down at least 90% of the present volume. that tirade is strenous after the first chapter, and gets unbearable after the second. that was the point when i stopped reading.

i may be somewhat obsessive, but that is even for me a bit too much. >>

That has to be one of the most hypocritical conersending coments you've ever made mate!

I'll be the first to say you make some very interesting and salient points (you seem to like odd words currently) however you also say the same things again and again. Most times I wave to wade through all the stuff you write. Word wise, you must write more words per post than anyone else! Every other posters who post's a lot I have noiced has come out and said "Maybe I post too much in the past". Have you ever thought that yourself?

Good work Cent, dam fine assesment.

DOG

L said

And that in the end may be the crux of it all for me. Every post, every tale, every trip report and thus every poster by inference is judged here. and personally I find that attitude stiffling. so I will impose a little more self stiffle. I fail to find much 'sanuk' on this board anymore, which I thought was one of it's primary tenents before.

--------------------

There will always be an element of judgment and critique by other posters when you post something just as in life people will react to what you say and do in different ways.

I don't believe that this board is worse than many others.

In fact i would say Thaivisa and BTF are much more viscious on posters than this board which i find much more civilised and much tamer than these other boards.

The nightlife section doesn't seem to get as many posts as some other sections. I am not sure why but maybe it is just a reflection of the current mix of regular posters on this board.

I am not sure how you remedy this or indeed if you can. Maybe natural evolution as new people come and go you will get more posters specifically on the sanuk scene and nightlife action.

Some of the debates do indeed get boring but for some they maybe interesting and no one is forcing anyone to read or post in sections where they have no interest.

At the end of the day it is up to the posters themselves to post more interesting and sanuk type stuff if that is what they want. I am not sure if there is any speciic way that KS can facilitate this.

It also seems here that there is a bit of an anti fly undercurrent runnning through this thread almost to the point where he is being used as a scapegoat for why this board is heading in a non sanuk way.

In fact they are lining up for him in this thread. Now while i might agree with some of the criticisms levelled against him he does provoke discussion and if you look at some of the threads he is involved in they are indeed very long and have been read by many people. If his observations were that off the mark or that inane i doubt whether you would get so much response. Fly doesn't post much in the nightlife section so it is not his fault that there is less of a sanuk factor. It is up to posters themselves to provide the sanuk factor by posting more in the nightlife section and trying to inject more humour in their posts if that is the way they want things to go.

KS,

it appears that you have learned nothing whatsoever out of the disgraceful MM mobbing incident.

now, lets step back and have a look what is really happening here.

two moderators, cent and coss, who have disliked my boardpresence since forever, perceive an opening in my defence. one of them, coss, who has made not one single intelligable post since i have been here, half of his posts containing some snide against his great evil - the "femnazis" - even goes so far to break the boardrules in his whitch hunt against me. what is calling me a "soi dog" other than an outright flame?

cent, the man who likes to imagine himself as an aspiring writer but comes up mainly with painfully longwinded trife that could be said in far less words (and if he does so his posts are worthy contributions), loves to stress the fact that this is a "friendly place of discussion and sanuk" does now nothing else than debating me here, can't even see that my interpretition of the vote was nothing more than a joke (thanks for being drawn into the open so easy, mate. ;) ).

in between individuals i have never heard about (who the hell is hugh hoy?) jump on the train to let go of flames that under no circumstances would be tolerated if not somewhat sanctioned by the above. how the hell can you allow that post to stand here? that is a flame that would get me, and everyone in different circumstances a warning to get kicked off the board, and rightfully so.

nervous dog, i do like you in real life, but sorry, mate, here you are joining again into an attempt of mobbing. please start using the brain i know you have.

>>>Then why are you one of the main contributors in this discussion?<<<

rather simple - because i wanted to find something out, and i did.

i am sorry that i have somehow misled you, and others, here, but the MM incident somewhat pressed my conscience, that i did not speak out earlier than i did.

you have asked what is wrong with this board - it should be obvious now what is wrong: a tendency of long term posters and moderators to gang up on individual posters who have the balls to express opinions that differ from the vocal majority.

tolerance? LOL! the tolerance of this board was lost when MM, who may have had some strange views but has *never* flamed anyone, a harmless bloke, was mobbed away in the most disgraceful manner.

many here mention "hypocracy" - but isn't it utter hypocracy to pretend that everything is dandy with us here when such a mobbing incident happened, and is allowed to happen again?

up to you what you make out of my post here, if you see it as constructive criticism, or if you prefer to follow the ones whose views on the "sanuk" factor of the board here are shadowed by the venomenous spite against me, and others who dare to express opinions that differ.

Are there things missing on this board / site?

Users may choose only one (115 total votes)

Yes (please mention what in a seperate post)

-------------------------

I'll explain my yes vote. When i first arrived at this board two years ago, what really got me hooked was the story section on the main site, and the trip report/story forum and the relationship forum. Nightlife also. The other forums are excellent to have but not something that gets a grip on you.

What is missing is posts by sanukers about their experiences with the pros in the forums I mentioned. I'm not talking about describing the different sex positions and horniness level of the girl (tho if guys want to post about that its up to them IMO).

I'm talking here about the overheated chaos that sometimes result when a punter and a thai girl collide. That experience is what keeps the tourists coming. Even jaded expats still experience it sometimes. Seems logical that more posts about the same would also generate /retain new members interest.

The other general stuff on thailand can be interesting but its the interactions with and perceptions of thai girls that is the real draw for most people who are looking at a sanuk board.

The relationship, story and trip report forums have a minimal number of new threads every month. I realize it is wishful thinking that experienced punters will post their experiences regularly. It would be nice tho. Guys who don't want their handle associated with sanuk should get a new handle for their sanuk posts. Hell, even guys who don't sanuk anymore could contribute old memories. Unfortunately most don't bother.

One good example of the type of post i'm describing is Old Hippie's recent thread in relationships.

The writing contest is a good idea and should have them more than once a year. Could even have the contestants pay an entry fee for the writing contest, with part of the fees going to the board. A progressive entry fee schedule and bigger prize money might even generate some wide interest. For Ex:

January contest entry fee 500baht

March 1000bht

May 2500 bht

and so on until the grand finale contest with the winner taking a HUGE sum. I would think that if there is money to be made, regulars from other boards will take notice.

Hi Fly,

I don't want to involve too much so at least mod can be neutral and capable of moderate this thread. ::

However,

"in between individuals i have never heard about (who the hell is hugh hoy?) jump on the train to let go of flames that under no circumstances would be tolerated if not somewhat sanctioned by the above. how the hell can you allow that post to stand here? that is a flame that would get me, and everyone in different circumstances a warning to get kicked off the board, and rightfully so."

Hughs post isn't outright flaming if seen in it's context=this thread, but your comment is belittling new members and what some members complain about.

You must be aware of that what you say about Cent also can be said about you.

MM, sorry that one you missed completely. After a long serie of inane posts (and some good ones too), he came with a post which was challenged by KS and he never met up or even answered here.

elef

What?s all this P4P morality bullshit? We are after all space age men in Stone Age bodies.

Homo sapiens is half a million years old.

Homo erectus is 1.6 million years old. (Strange how Vitamin V sometimes makes me feel like a time traveller ::)

Judaeo Christian ethics, that some folk get so uptight about and only refined in the last 100 years, is a mere pinprick on the elephant hide of time.

I bet there weren?t many Neanderthal women seeking trauma counselling after a good rogering from the randy head honcho, even though she ugged ?No? because she had a headache.

We aren?t sex addicts or degenerates. We are the normal ones; it?s some of you wowsers who are the freaks who repress your sexuality. We are the Alpha males designed to spread our seed as far and wide as possible to perpetuate the race (But thank Buddha I wear a condom - a world of robaus lookalikes would not be a pretty sight!) Some of you blokes are the sick Sigmas and ?opeless Omegas, cuddling your sagging titted, cellulite thighed, stretch marked has-beens, ostracised from the main group somewhere off in the deep forests of farang suburbia. While we Alphas root the pick of the harem every night in Pattaya. :up:

But yes, I?m a product of that Judaeo Christian ethical upbringing too. Scruples hang heavily from dick ? it would certainly have trouble hanging heavily of its own accord! :(

I?ve never shagged a girl against her will. Au contraire, I now frequently have to disconnect the internal as well as the direct phone line to give myself a break from the tilaks who love me too mutt? well me and my wallet, but not necessarily in that order!

OK, it?s Sunday arvo. I?m bored. All said a little tongue in cheek, of course. Mmmm ? yum yum. :hubba:

That reminds me, must give Fon a call tonight.

:beer:

Archived